Location, Gender and Strategic Focus Among Leading Factors in Product Management and Marketing Salaries
Pragmatic Marketing's Annual Survey Spotlights Factors Affecting Compensation
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Jan. 30, 2014 /CNW/ - Not including bonuses, product managers and marketers earned an average of $100,000 to $120,000 a year in 2013, according to Pragmatic Marketing's 14th Annual Product Management and Marketing Survey.
More than 1,800 respondents took part in this year's survey, which took a deep dive into what contributing factors bumped a salary up or down:
- Live in the Northeast United States? Expect to make $12,400 more than your counterparts. If you live in Massachusetts, add an additional $4,000.
- That comes close, but doesn't quite tie, with product professionals in California who can expect to earn $17,800 more than the average.
- Female? Unfortunately, that means knocking $7,200 off annual compensation.
- Spend more than 50 percent of the time on strategic activities and earn $13,600 more than average; less than 25 percent takes off $7,800 from the average.
- Having direct reports means an additional $14,000, but that number doubles if there are more than four direct reports and triples if you have between seven and nine.
- Want to make the most? Move to Switzerland, which had the highest average salary at $138,000.
These are just some of the factors shown in Pragmatic Marketing's 14th Annual Product Management and Marketing Survey, which also includes insights on the experience and responsibilities of product management and marketing professionals. The survey was conducted between November 22nd and December 18th, 2013 and can be downloaded at http://www.pragmaticmarketing.com/resources/annual-survey.
About Pragmatic Marketing, Inc.
Pragmatic Marketing, Inc. was founded in 1993 and has become the authority on technology product management and marketing. The company has trained more than 100,000 product management and marketing professionals, with more than 25,000 becoming Pragmatic Marketing Certified. Pragmatic Marketing's team of thought leaders produce blogs, webinars, podcasts and publications that product professionals around the world turn to for industry insights. For more information, please visit www.PragmaticMarketing.com or call (480) 515-1411.
SOURCE Pragmatic Marketing, Inc.For further information: