Record electricity peak: Hydro-Québec asks its customers to continue their efforts in reducing electricity consumption during peak hours and thanks them for their cooperation
MONTREAL, Jan. 22, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - A historic consumption peak of 39,240 MW was set this morning at 7:26 a.m. Hydro-Québec asks its customers to continue their contribution in reducing electricity consumption in this time of peak demand caused by the cold weather.
Hydro-Québec expects significant electricity consumption to continue this evening and a new record could be set tomorrow morning. That's why the company is asking customers to continue their efforts to reduce electricity use during the following peak hours:
- Wednesday, January 22: from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, January 23: from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Here are the most effective ways to reduce consumption:
- Lower the thermostat temperature by a degree or two (Celsius) in all rooms, especially those that are unused
- Postpone using energy-intensive appliances (especially dryers and dishwashers) by a few hours
- Limit the use of hot water as much as possible
Hydro-Québec has also called for the contribution of government building managers and industrial customers. In addition, the company will reduce heating and lighting in all of its buildings across Québec. The corporate logo and Mousseau mural at its head office have been turned off.
Hydro-Québec sincerely thanks all its customers for their cooperation and will keep them informed of any new developments.
SOURCE Hydro-QuébecFor further information: