Cold and Flu Season is HERE!
Prepare Yourself and Boost Your Immune System
TORONTO, Jan. 13, 2014 /CNW/ - It's on the bus, in the elevator and in the next cubicle over. It is making headlines from coast to coast. You can't escape it on social media. Cold and flu season is HERE and COLD-FX - Canada's #1 natural cold and flu remedy brand - is urging Canadians to be prepared.
"The cold and flu are both infections that affect the nose, throat and lungs," says Sherry Torkos, Pharmacist and Author of the National Best-Seller The Canadian Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine. "There are three key cold and flu phases that are important for Canadians to consider in helping to maintain optimal health: prevention of illness, management of symptoms and recovery."
Critical to minimizing the impact of a cold and flu is to keep your immune system strong by taking care of yourself naturally, with good food, good sleep and good hygiene. Another may be COLD-FX, as it is clinically proven to reduce the frequency of colds and flu. Similarly, for those who are sick, COLD-FX can help reduce the severity and duration of these symptoms. Naturally sourced, COLD-FX is the #1 Pharmacist and Physician recommended over the counter cold and flu brand*.
"We are currently in the peak of cold and flu season," Torkos adds. "Canadians should consider taking a daily defense remedy, such as COLD-FX, that will not only help prevent illness, but also help support recovery and long-term health. We will continue to see reported cases of cold and flu right through spring."
Flu for Thought
With the impact of cold and flu cases rapidly growing, particularly in western Canada, it's important to take precautions to help prepare and reduce the potential impact of future spread. As doctors offices fill up, Pharmacists are on the frontlines, consulting with a high volume of patients. Torkos recommends the following natural ways to help prevent infection and keep your immune system strong.
- Wash your hands regularly - soap and water or hand sanitizer. This is the best way to prevent the spread of viruses.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables - these foods are loaded with vitamin and minerals which support immune system function.
- Minimize sugar and refined starches - these foods hamper immune response.
- Drink plenty of fluids - to help the body eliminate toxins and prevent dehydration (dry mucus membranes can make it easier for viruses to enter).
- Don't smoke and avoid second-hand smoke. Smoke damages mucus membranes in nose, throat and esophagus making it easy for viruses to invade the body.
- Minimize alcohol - alcohol is hard on the liver - our key detoxifying organ - and it is dehydrating.
- Relax and de-stress yourself - stress can hamper immune function.
- Get regular, moderate-intensity exercise - it helps boost our immune response.
- Get enough sleep - proper rest is essential for immune health.
- Take immune boosting supplements, such as COLD-FX, vitamin C, aged garlic extract and Echinacea. Consult your Pharmacist or Healthcare Professional for more information.
To track the flu in your area and more information about the cold and flu cycle, please visit www.cold-fx.ca.
Prepare Yourself for Colds and Flu this Season
For the past 20 years, COLD-FX has helped to reduce the frequency, severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms. COLD-FX is a story of true Canadian innovation, based on extensive research and clinical trials in the field of cold and flu remedies. The active ingredient in COLD-FX is called CVT-E002™ which is a specific isolate of the North American ginseng plant.
COLD-FX is produced by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE/TSX:VRX), a multinational specialty pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of pharmaceutical products primarily in the areas of dermatology, eye health, neurology and branded generics. More information about Valeant can be found at www.valeant.com.
*Rogers Healthcare Group
Image with caption: "COLD-FX Logo (CNW Group/COLD-FX)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140113_C8077_PHOTO_EN_35444.jpgFor further information:
For more information, or to request an interview with Sherry Torkos, please contact:
Ive Balins at Strategic Objectives
Tel: (416) 366-7735, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org