Best-ever year for Lexus helps Toyota Canada Inc. increase sales by 1.7% in 2013
- Best-ever year for TCI truck sales
- Toyota RAV4, Tacoma 4X4, Prius c and Scion FR-S set annual sales records
TORONTO, Jan. 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) reported total sales of 195,360 vehicles in 2013, an increase of 1.7% versus 2012. It was the best year ever for Lexus, with sales of 15,949 luxury vehicles, up 5.6%.
Led by the Canadian-made RAV4, it was also a record year for TCI truck sales, up 8.6% at 92,781. The RAV4 has had 11 consecutive monthly sales records, bringing the compact SUV's 2013 total to 33,156, surpassing the previous annual record of 25,942 set in 2012.
Toyota sales highlights for December 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 10,960 (up 3.6%) :: 174,433 for the year (up 1.9%)
- Passenger car sales: 4,897 :: 90,088 for the year
- Avalon sales: 71 :: 1,264 for the year (up 196.0%)
- Camry sales: 1,096 (up 54.4%) :: 15,113 for the year (up 2.4%)
- Corolla sales: 2,442 (up 3.0%) :: 44,449 for the year (up 8.7%)
- Prius c sales: 101 :: New annual record of 2,816 (up 11.3%)
- Toyota truck sales: 6,063 (up 11.3%) :: New annual record of 84,345 (up 8.6%)
- 4Runner sales: 282 (up 12.8%) :: 3,110 for the year (up 8.1%)
- Highlander sales: 525 (up 7.8%) :: 6,649 for the year (up 15.9%)
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 2,303 (up 54.9%) :: new December record :: 11th straight month of record sales :: New annual record of 33,156 (up 27.8%)
- Sequoia sales: 63 (up 21.2%) :: 744 for the year
- Tacoma 4X4 sales: 595 :: New annual record of 9,869 (up 3.6%)
- Tundra sales: 639 (up 21.3%) :: 7,535 for the year (up 4.1%)
"We want to thank our customers for their tremendous and continued support we experienced in 2013," said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc. "The launch of our new Canadian-built RAV4 and Corolla ushered in new style, technology and driving excitement, all while maintaining the quality, dependability, reliability and fuel economy Canadians have come to expect from Toyota. 2014 promises even more excitement as we continue to build our product lineup, starting with the launch of the new Toyota Highlander that Canadians can watch for at the Montreal and Toronto auto shows early this year."
Lexus sales highlights for December 2013 (vs. 2012)
Sales: 1,189 (up 2.1%) :: New annual record of 15,949 (up 5.6%)
- Luxury car sales: 528 :: 7,513 for the year (up 2.4%)
- ES sales: 134 :: 2,365 for the year (up 7.2%)
- IS sales: 244 (up 61.6%) :: new December record :: 2,327 for the year (up 43.6%)
- LS sales: 15 :: 202 for the year (up 39.3%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 661 (up 9.8%) :: 8,436 for the year (up 8.6%)
- GX sales: 60 (up 25.0%) :: 351 for the year
- LX sales: 29 (up 107.1%) :: 296 for the year (up 14.3%)
- RX sales: 508 (up 6.3%) :: 7,165 for the year (up 12.2%)
Scion sales highlights for December 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 199 :: 4,978 for the year
- FR-S sales: 52 :: New annual record of 1,825 (up 24.1%)
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.For further information:
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.