Honda Canada celebrates best annual sales since 2008
Civic remains on top as Canada's best-selling car for 16th consecutive year
Two Honda models set all-time annual sales record
Three Acura models set all-time annual sales record
MARKHAM, ON, Jan. 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Combined 2013 annual sales of 164,236 units by Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc, is a 10% increase over 2012 and represents the company's best annual sales results since 2008. The Honda Automobile Division reported 2013 sales of 145,231 units, up 10% over last year and the Acura Division reported annual sales of 19,005 units, up 11% over 2012 sales.
"As our loyal customers are a key pillar of our success, we thank the thousands of Canadians who supported Honda and Acura this past year. Their intense vote of confidence underscores the strong value of our overall product offering," said Jerry Chenkin, president and CEO of Honda Canada Inc. "December sales continued with what's been a very strong season for Honda Canada and we saw annual sales climb to heights unseen since 2008. Customers responded favourably to our new 2014 models, such as the Honda Odyssey and the Acura MDX, AJAC's 2014 Best New SUV over $60,000. Topping December off, Civic sales of 3,412 units has solidified Civic's position as the number one selling passenger car in Canada for the sixteenth consecutive year."
- Honda CR-V had best all-time annual sales with 34,481 units sold versus the previous best year in 2012 with 33,339 units sold
- Honda Pilot had a best year with 6,356 units sold versus the previous best year in 2012 with 5,807 units sold
- Acura ILX had best all-time annual sales with 3,192 units sold versus the previous best year in 2012 with 2,259 units sold
- Acura RDX had a best year with 6,112 units sold versus the previous best year in 2012 with 4,726 units sold
- Acura MDX saw best annual sales of 6,114 units sold versus the previous best year in 2012 of 5,242 units sold
Monthly sales summary:
Combined December sales of 13,316 units by the Honda and Acura divisions of Honda Canada Inc. represented a 1% increase over last year's sales. The Honda Automobile Division reported December sales of 11,542 units, up 1% over last year. The Acura Division reported December sales of 1,774 units, down 2% versus last year.
- Honda Fit had strong sales of 1,909 units sold versus 357 units in the same period last year (up 435%), setting an all-time December sales record
- Honda CR-V set a new December sales record with 4,040 units sold (versus 2,843 units sold in December 2007)
- Honda Odyssey sales increased by 45% over the same period last year (750 units versus 518)
- Acura business was led by 598 delivered units of the MDX, AJAC's newly-named 'Best New SUV over $60,000'
- The Acura RDX saw best December sales since 2007 (498 units versus 469)
Honda Canada Inc. was founded in 1969. It has produced more than 6 million cars and trucks since 1986 at its two manufacturing facilities and builds engines at a third manufacturing plant in Alliston, Ontario. Both manufacturing facilities are extremely flexible and currently build Honda Civic and CR-V models. Honda Canada has invested more than $2.6 billion in Canada and each year it sources nearly $1.1 billion in goods and services from Canadian suppliers. Honda Canada has sold more than 3.8 million Honda and Acura passenger cars and light-duty trucks in Canada.
|HONDA CANADA INC.||HONDA CANADA INC.|
|RETAIL SALES - MTD||RETAIL SALES - YTD|
SOURCE Honda Canada Inc.For further information:
Maki Inoue (905) 888-4416