Media Advisory - BC Assessment to announce the 2014 Property Assessment Roll
Date: Morning of Thursday, January 2, 2014
Location: Province-wide for British Columbia including all municipalities
VANCOUVER, Dec. 30, 2013 /CNW/ -
Media Information and Interviews:
- BC Assessment will issue approximately 50 local area news releases on Thursday, January 2, 2014 with highlights of property assessment changes in local communities.
- All news releases, as well as statistics and general information about the 2014 Assessment Roll, will be posted on www.bcassessment.ca on January 2.
- Of note, BC Assessment's website will list the Top Valued Properties for all of British Columbia as well as by regional breakdown.
- For interviews, starting January 2, contact the designated media contact on the local news release.
- NOTE: BC Assessment is closed for business on January 1 for the New Year's Day holiday. Full customer service resumes on Thursday, January 2.
- Nearly two million property owners will receive their 2014 property assessment notice by mail in early January.
- Starting in January, the public can use the free e-valueBC search tool on BC Assessment's website to compare their property assessment to others.
- The mandate of BC Assessment, a provincial Crown corporation, is to establish and maintain uniform real property assessments throughout British Columbia in accordance with the Assessment Act.
- The Act requires that BC Assessment produce annual rolls with assessments at market value (estimated valuation date as of July 1, 2013 for market value properties).
SOURCE BC AssessmentFor further information:
Media Contact: Tim Morrison, Acting Communications Manager
Tel. 250-595-6211 Local 00251 Email: email@example.com