Just in Time for the Holidays: Dropcam Now Available in Canada at Apple, Best Buy Canada, Future Shop and Amazon.ca
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 12, 2013 /CNW/ - Dropcam Inc., makers of the leading Wi-Fi video monitoring camera and cloud service, today announces that the Dropcam Pro and the Dropcam are now available in Canada at Apple Retail, Best Buy Canada, Future Shop and Amazon.ca, offering consumers the industry's best home video monitoring and do-it-yourself security solution.
The announcement comes just in time for the busiest shopping and travel season of the year. Dropcam Pro and Dropcam not only give the gift of home security, but also allow consumers to virtually drop in on their home at anytime. With two-way audio, Dropcam users can even talk back to kids hunting for hidden gifts, mischievous pets or cookie-stealing spouses.
"We are thrilled that Dropcam Pro and Dropcam are now available at the top technology retailers in Canada," said Greg Duffy, CEO and co-founder of Dropcam. "With Dropcam, Canadian consumers will now have less to worry about when leaving their home over the holidays."
Dropcam Pro and Dropcam (formerly Dropcam HD) are the only Wi-Fi video monitoring solutions that offer simple and fast setup with intelligent monitoring features, accessible from anywhere. The latest offering, Dropcam Pro, sets a new benchmark in home video monitoring with the following key features:
- Stunning video quality. Dropcam Pro incorporates a six-element, all-glass lens (a first in the home monitoring category), and a larger image sensor to provide 2x sharper video during the day and 7x better performance in low-light conditions at night.
- Wider field of view. Dropcam Pro supports an amazing 130-degree field of view – 20 per cent wider than the prior-generation Dropcam.
- Zoom. Dropcam now offers pinch-to-zoom, with an enhance feature that supports up to 8x zoom for Dropcam Pro and 4x zoom for Dropcam.
- Better audio. Dropcam Pro has a new microphone with double the sampling rate and a new speaker for sound that's louder and clearer.
- Mobile setup. Get up and running without a computer. Consumers can now set up Dropcam Pro directly from their iOS device (iPhone 4S or later, iPad 3rd generation or later, and iPad mini).
- Dual band Wi-Fi. Dropcam Pro supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks for improved wireless connectivity.
- Activity Recognition (beta). Using advanced computer vision and machine-learning technology, Dropcam Cloud Recording can now recognize motion patterns in your video stream and group together like activities. Customers can name these activities and customize alerts for them.
- Bluetooth LE. Dropcam Pro integrates a low power Bluetooth LE radio that is used for mobile setup and allows Dropcam to integrate with additional devices.
Dropcam utilizes bank-level security to encrypt all video streams so customers can rest assured that no one but them can access their video. Dropcam Pro and Dropcam include full 720p streaming, motion and sound activity alerts, night vision, two-way talk, and pinch-to-zoom. With the optional Cloud Video Recording service customers can access stored footage for the past seven or thirty days.
Pricing & Availability
Dropcam Pro retails for $219.99 while Dropcam (formerly Dropcam HD) is available for $159.99. Cameras are available at Apple, Best Buy Canada, Future Shop and Amazon.ca.
Live video monitoring is always free. Optional Cloud Video Recording (CVR) plans are $9.95/month for seven days of continuous recording, $29.95/month for thirty days. Discounts are available for annual subscriptions and multiple cameras.
About Dropcam, Inc.
Dropcam is revolutionizing the way people stay connected to the places they care about. With Dropcam's Wi-Fi video monitoring cameras and optional Cloud Recording you can remotely drop in on your house, baby, pets, business, or anything else from a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The San Francisco-based company was founded in 2009 by Greg Duffy and Aamir Virani. To learn more, visit www.dropcam.com.
SOURCE Dropcam, Inc.For further information: