Programming Announced for Canal D/Investigation: A New Investigative French-Language Channel
To tweet this release: bit.ly/1d0USAw
MONTREAL, Dec. 5, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Fans of investigations and forensics will finally have a channel that they can call their own in Québec. On December 12, Bell Media launches Canal D/Investigation, a French-language channel specialized in documentaries delving into the fascinating world of crime. The new channel benefits from expertise developed by Canal D in forensic programming.
"Television channels for fans of investigations and forensics have grown exponentially all over the world. That's why there are so many quality shows featuring crimes and police investigations," said Jean-Pierre Laurendeau, Senior Director of Programming, Canal D/Investigation.
The channel will broadcast more than 500 hours of programming never-seen-before in Québec. Canadian productions will account for 15% of the diversified, high-quality content, including two original Québec productions: Opération Police from Productions Sovimage, and Amour fatal from CMJ Productions.
Canal D/Investigation programming will offer several genres:
- Docu-reality shows focus on people who fight crime, such as DEA : Lutte antidrogue, and those who try to rehabilitate themselves and find a way out, like Au bout de la peur.
- Organized crime is exposed in Les stars de la mafia and the most famous criminals get their story told in Histoires de gangsters.
- Criminal investigations hold the place of honour, notably with Opération police, while innovative forensics are featured in Premières médicolégales and Crime 360.
- The best documentaries will get top billing on the channel. Viewers can find out about the elusive Pink Panthers, les braqueurs du siècle, and even the sadly notorious Magnotta.
- Crimes of all sorts are uncovered and recounted by people directly involved in the cases through such shows as Le dernier témoin and Pourquoi j'ai épousé ce criminel?
Canal D/Investigation will be launched as a Freeview on Bell TV and Bell Fibe as of December 12, and on Cogeco Cable as of December 19. Other service providers will be announced soon.
About Canal D/Investigation
CanalD/Investigation invites viewers into the fascinating world of forensics and police investigations. Through exciting and entertaining fact-based programming, it reveals the exciting twists of genuine criminal investigations and the worst of human nature. Canal D/Investigation is a division of Bell Media.
SOURCE CanalD/InvestigationFor further information:
Nathalie Roy, Investigation, 514 938-3320 x3622 or firstname.lastname@example.org