GrowCanada Conference welcomes influential agricultural leaders to Calgary
Canadian agricultural leaders meet for the agriculture event of the year as the GrowCanada conference kicks off today in Calgary.
CALGARY, Dec. 3, 2013 /CNW/ - Under the theme Ag matters: Be bold, act now, delegates will have the opportunity to tackle some of the world's most pressing agricultural challenges. As an industry driven by innovation, there has never been a better time to create an ag-nation that recognizes the value and humanity that the Canadian farming community brings to the table.
This year's program will feature an engaging speaker line-up, as well as world renowned expertise and inspiration from:
- Colonel Chris Hadfield, Astronaut, former commander of the International Space Station
- Darrell Bricker, president & CEO, Ipsos Public Affairs
- Bill Buckner, president & CEO, the Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation
- Jean-Philippe Gervais, Chief agricultural economist, Farm Credit Canada
- Ron Doering, Gowling Lafleur Henderson, LLP and past president, Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Catriona Le May Doan, two-time Olympic champion speed skater, award winning broadcaster
The annual GrowCanada conference is Canada's premier agricultural event, providing a platform to connect with industry leaders from across the country, explore cutting edge insight and build a stronger, more vibrant agricultural sector that ultimately contributes to a better world.
This year's event is being held at the Hyatt Regency Calgary from December 3 to 5.
More information about the GrowCanada partnership and conference can be found online at www.growcanadaconference.ca/.
SOURCE GrowCanadaFor further information:
Vice-president, communications and member services