Toys"R"Us, Canada Releases 2013 Holiday Hot Toy List
- Skylanders SWAP Force, the Yvolution Y Fliker F3 Scooter and Furby BOOM among toys that will top kids' wish lists this year -
TORONTO, Nov. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - From getting big hugs to battling angry birds to making your own markers, kids' imaginations will run wild this holiday season. Toys"R"Us, Canada today unveiled its annual Holiday Hot Toy List with the 15 most popular toys for kids of all ages. As Canada's leading authority on toys, Toys"R"Us spends the year tracking trends and new product releases worldwide to discover the best toys to include on its Holiday Hot Toy List.
"Our toy experts work all year to compile the definitive list of the hottest toys in the country," says Liz MacDonald, vice president, marketing and store planning, Toys"R"Us, Canada. "We know that kids like to play in different ways and there are toys on our list that will appeal to children who enjoy role play, arts and crafts, gaming and sports."
Alex Thorne, 11-year-old Chief Play Officer, Toys"R"Us, Canada has tested and approved each toy on the list. "I have had the best time over the past few months playing with these toys to make sure that they passed the kid test. I've been mastering my Minion language playing with Minion Talking Dave from Despicable Me 2 and swerving around my neighbourhood on the Y Fliker F3 scooter."
The 2013 Holiday Hot Toy List (in alphabetical order):
- Angry Birds Star Wars Telepods Star Destroyer Set from Hasbro
- Big Hugs Elmo from Hasbro
- Crayola Marker Maker from Crayola
- Despicable Me 2: Talking Minions from Thinkway Toys
- Disney Infinity from Disney Interactive
- Furby BOOM from Hasbro
- Kurio 7S Tablet* from Techno Source
- LeapPad2: Sofia the First Royal Bundle* from LeapFrog
- LEGO Friends: Dolphin Cruiser from LEGO
- LEGO Super Heroes: Iron Man - Malibu Mansion Attack from LEGO
- Monster High 13 Wishes: Haunt The Casbah Dolls from Mattel
- MY LITTLE PONY Equestria Girls: Canterlot High Pep Rally Set Featuring VP Luna Doll* from Hasbro
- Nerf Rebelle Guardian Crossbow from Hasbro
- Skylanders SWAP Force from Activision
Y Fliker F3 Scooter* from Yvolution
All items on the list are available at Toys"R"Us, Canada stores nationwide and online at www.Toysrus.ca/hottoys.
The Kurio 7S Tablet, LeapPad2: Sofia the First Royal Bundle, MY LITTLE PONY Equestria Girls: Canterlot High Pep Rally Set Featuring VP Luna Doll and the Y Fliker F3 Scooter are exclusive to Toys"R"Us and Toysrus.ca, and not available at any other major retailer in Canada.
In addition to the Hot Toy List, Babies"R"Us, Canada released its Top Baby Gift List for those shopping for little ones or new parents this holiday season.
The 2013 Holiday Top Baby Gift List (in alphabetical order):
- Baby Einstein Caterpillar & Friends Play Gym from Kids II
- Cuisinart 2-in-1 Baby Food Maker and Bottle Warmer from Conair
- Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun - Life in the Amazon from Evenflo
- KidCo PeaPod Travel Bed from KidCo
- Laugh & Learn Crawl Around Car from Fisher-Price
- Laugh & Learn Music Table from Fisher-Price
- mamaRoo Plush Infant Seat from 4moms
- Motorola 3.5" Colour Video Monitor with 2 Cameras from Motorola
- Musical Lion Walker from Fisher-Price
- My Little Lamb Cradle 'n Swing* from Fisher-Price
- My Little Snugabunny Bouncer from Fisher-Price
- Sleep Sheep Plush Sound Machine from Cloud B
- Sophie the Giraffe from Vulli
- Stroller Mittens from Triboro
The Original Baby Bullet from Baby Bullet LLC
All items on the list are available at Babies"R"Us, Canada stores nationwide and online at Babiesrus.ca. The Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Cradle 'n Swing is exclusive to Babies"R"Us and BabiesRUs.ca , and not available at any other major retailer in Canada.
Unique Gift Giving Experience
With 80 Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us retail locations across Canada, 30 Toys"R"Us Express stores and a full breadth of products on its e-commerce sites - Toysrus.ca and Babiesrus.ca - the toy and baby retailer offer truly unique experiences for gift-givers, including:
Toys"R"Us Toy Book: Launching Friday, November 8, the company's biggest and most magical Toy Book ever includes 64-pages of exclusive deals, contests, gift with purchases and most of all, amazing savings on all of this holiday's hottest toys and gadgets. New this year, the front cover of the book comes to life via augmented reality, giving viewers an even more magical experience. Simply download the Toys"R"Us Magic App from the Apple App Store and watch the picture and scenery start to move. Enjoy zooming in, rotating the book, or just listening to the train as it makes its way through the snowy village. The interactive front cover is just the beginning of the adventure through the pages of playthings to come.
Toys"R"Us Price Match Policy: Toys"R"Us, Canada also offers Canadians a price guarantee that ensures its consumers receive the absolute best value possible. With its Price Match Policy, Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us retail locations will match any current Canadian advertised price - print or online - plus provide the consumer with 10 per cent of the difference back*.
AIR MILES® Rewards Program: Parents and gift-givers can continue to enjoy collecting AIR MILES® on their Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us purchases throughout the holidays by earning one AIR MILES® reward mile for every $30 spent in-store or online. Additionally, the Nov 8 - 10 weekend offer provides customers the opportunity to earn 10x AIR MILES® reward miles when they spend $80 or more instore or online. Details and store exclusions can be found at www.toysrus.ca/airmiles. What's even more exciting is that bonus reward miles are also offered throughout the 2-week long Toy Book on items such as the LeapPad 2 Sofia The First Bundle, the Crayola Marker Maker and all Flutterbye Fairies.
All-About-Baby: In mid-October, Babies"R"Us launched All-About-Baby.ca, a new website to strengthen its baby products authority position in Canada. The website provides parents with resources to get ready to bring home baby and help them enjoy the journey. With four content categories including car seats, strollers, monitors and infant feeding, parents can watch informative videos from vendors, participate in "ask and answer" forums and read trending articles on hot topics. The site will expand to include four additional categories - nursery, toddler feeding, indoor gear and safety - early next year.
Toys"R"Us Express Stores: With a smaller footprint than full-size locations, the 30 Toys"R"Us Express stores are located in areas without a full Toys"R"Us store nearby, and carry many of the same great toys and gadgets to provide local residents with easy access to the latest toys and games during the holiday season. Shoppers can visit the Store Locator on Toysrus.ca to find the Toys"R"Us Express Store in their neighbourhood.
Online Wish Lists: To help grant gifts the easy way this holiday season, Toys"R"Us offers an online gift registry called "Wish List." Using Wish List, parents and kids together can create a tailored list of toys based not only on what the child wants, but on his or her age, interests and abilities. Simply email the Wish List to family and gift-givers and it becomes a great resource in their quest for the perfect present.
* Price Match items must be identical and the Canadian competitor's advertisement must be presented (printed or on mobile) and must show price currently in effect. The competitor must have the item in-stock and it does not apply to limited/minimum quantity offers, bundled offers, rebates or free/bonus offers, mail order offers, advertising errors or misprints, or liquidation/clearance centres.
About Toys"R"Us, Canada:
Toys"R"Us (Canada) Ltd and Babies"R"Us (Canada) Ltd are part of Toys"R"Us, Inc., the world's leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer. Toys"R"Us, Canada operates 80 stores across the country. For store locations and convenient online shopping visit www.toysrus.ca and www.babiesrus.ca.
SOURCE Toys "R" Us (Canada) Ltd.For further information: