2014 Acura MDX and RDX Achieve Top NHTSA Crash Scores Advancing Acura's Continued Safety Leadership
MARKHAM, ON, Oct. 30, 2013 /CNW/ - The all-new 2014 Acura MDX luxury sport utility vehicle and 2014 RDX luxury crossover SUV recently received the top 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score in the U.S. NHTSA's New Car Assessment Program (NCAP). Both Acuras received 5-Star scores, across the board, for each of the frontal and side impact crash tests and scored 4-Stars for rollover resistance.
MDX and RDX engineers also targeted top-level safety ratings from the U. S. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and anticipate the highest rating of GOOD in the Institute's new stringent small overlap front crash test. A TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating is expected for MDX and a TOP SAFETY PICK rating is expected for RDX.
Acura MDX offers a rich array of safety and driver assistive technologies including the next generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, Collision Mitigation Braking System, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning and Lane Keeping Assist System.
Key safety and drivers assistive technologies and features of the 2014 Acura MDX include:
- Available Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Available Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Available Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
- World's first ultra-high strength steel, one-piece front door stiffener ring
- Available Blind Spot Information (BSI)
- Available Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow
- Pre-tensioning driver and front passenger seatbelts
- Driver's knee airbag and three-row side-curtain airbags
- LATCH child seat anchors in all second row seating positions
- Multi-View Rear Camera Expanded View Driver's Mirror
- Available Surround View Camera System
Acura is the luxury-performance division of Honda Canada Inc. The Acura lineup features six distinctive models including the RLX luxury performance sedan, the TL performance luxury sedan, the TSX sedan, the ILX compact luxury sedan, the RDX luxury crossover SUV and the MDX luxury sport utility vehicle.
More information about NHTSA and NCAP is available at http://www.safercar.gov/
SOURCE Acura CanadaFor further information:
Maki Inoue (905) 888-4416
Laura Heasman (905) 888-4586