3rd Montreal Summit on innovation to focus on smart and sustainable grids
MONTREAL, Oct. 29, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - The third edition of the Montreal Summit on Innovation (MSI) will look at Smart and Sustainable Grids, addressing their role in sustainable development and their economic and social impacts, among other themes.
This event is part of the roster of activities taking place in the Quartier de l'innovation (QI). The SMI is an annual high-level international conference that looks at a range of innovation-related themes and aimed at sparking reflection and dialogue among participants on a variety of best practices. The event will also address systemic challenges linked to smart grids, such as information and communication technology and transportation, by looking at inspiring examples from around the world.
The 3rd MSI will be held on November 7, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Montreal (1255 Jeanne-Mance St., Salon Inspiration, starting at 8 a.m.). Some of the high-profile speakers who have confirmed their presence include:
- Thierry Vandal, President and Director General, Hydro-Québec;
- Rémi Quirion, Chief Scientist, Fonds de recherche du Québec
- Robert Catell, Chair, New York State Smart Grid Consortium;
- Daekyeong Kim, Program Director, Smart Grid Project at Jeju Island (South Korea);
- Russell Conklin, Vice-Chair of the Executive Committee, International Smart Grid Action Network (ISGAN) and Representative of the U.S. Department of Energy (Washington D.C., U.S.)
For further information or to register, go to: https://corim.qc.ca/smi/order_en.php
The Montreal Summit on Innovation is an event of the Quartier de l'innovation (QI) and is jointly organized by the École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS) and McGill University, in partnership with the Montreal Council on Foreign Relations.
For more information on the QI: http://quartierinnovationmontreal.com/en/
For more information on ÉTS: http://en.etsmtl.ca/en/home?lang=en-ca
For more information on McGill University: http://www.mcgill.ca/
For more information on CORIM: http://www.corim.qc.ca/home/index_en.php
SOURCE McGill UniversityFor further information:
514 605-2942 (cell.)
514 884-1587 (cell.)