TD launches tablet banking app for Android
New Android app offers anytime, anywhere banking and investing for TD customers
TORONTO, Oct. 24, 2013 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust announced today the launch of its new Android tablet app, offering customers an easy and interactive way to manage personal banking and direct investing needs within one app.
"We've already had great success with our existing apps, and are very excited to be launching our Android tablet app which offers our customers seamless access between their personal banking and wealth accounts - all with a single login, in a safe and secure environment," said Rizwan Khalfan, Senior Vice President, Digital Channels, TD. "We know our customers are increasingly looking to us to make banking easy and more convenient. Our Android app does just that, giving customers the ability to bank and trade using their tablet."
Features available on TD's Android tablet app:
- A single sign in to bank, manage personal investment accounts and trade
- Pay bills and view account history
- Transfer money between accounts
- At-a-glance view of accounts, balances, holdings and wealth products so customers can view and manage finances and set goals
- A monthly calendar to view all upcoming payments
- Ability to monitor investments by checking account balances and trading stocks
- Real-time quotes for stocks, ETFs, and mutual funds
- Locate TD Canada Trust branches and ATMs
According to an Ipsos Mobil-ology research report released by Ipsos Reid Data in January 2013, 21 per cent of adult online Canadians over 18 years of age use a tablet device, up from 11 per cent in 2012. TD's new tablet app provides an intuitive and personalized banking experience on an increasingly popular device, taking the capabilities offered on our mobile banking app and applying it to the tablet.
"We have a number of digital banking initiatives we'll be rolling out later this year and into 2014, making it easier for customers to do their banking, whether it's in our branch, at the ATM, or digitally," added Khalfan. The Android tablet app joins TD's current suite of mobile banking products and services, providing nearly eight million active online and mobile users with a seamless and personalized digital banking and investing experience.
To download TD's free tablet app and for more information, visit TD Canada Trust online or Google play. TD's tablet app is designed for use on some of the most popular Android tablet devices in the market, including the Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 7.0 and GALAXY Tab 3 10.1.
About TD digital banking
- TD is the most downloaded banking app in Canada with 1.8 million mobile users, in addition to its 5 million online users, as of September 2013.
- TD offers the only integrated banking, investing and trading app for Android tablets and all major smartphone devices in Canada.
- TD cross-border banking customers can access Canadian and U.S. accounts using TD's mobile banking app available on iPhone, Android and BB10 smartphone devices. Customers can pay U.S. bills, transfer funds between TD accounts, and view transaction history;
- Customers in Canada are increasingly opting to bank using digital channels; approximately 35 per cent of all TD transactions were completed via mobile or online devices as of September 2013.
About TD Bank Group
The Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD is the sixth largest bank in North America by branches and serves approximately 22 million customers in four key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe: Canadian Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Canada Trust and TD Auto Finance Canada; Wealth and Insurance, including TD Wealth, TD Direct Investing, an investment in TD Ameritrade, and TD Insurance; U.S. Personal and Commercial Banking, including TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, and TD Auto Finance U.S.; and Wholesale Banking, including TD Securities. TD also ranks among the world's leading online financial services firms, with approximately eight million active online and mobile customers. TD had CDN$835 billion in assets on July 31, 2013.The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades under the symbol "TD" on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
SOURCE TD Bank Group
Image with caption: "TD launches tablet banking app for Android (CNW Group/TD Bank Group)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131024_C6855_PHOTO_EN_32516.jpgFor further information:
Ingrid Nugent, Manager, Corporate Communications
M: 416 565 2453
O: 416 983 1514