/R E P E A T -- Media advisory - Hydro Ottawa and Christie Lake Kids to celebrate success of new sustainable youth leadership centre/
OTTAWA, Sept. 25, 2013 /CNW/ - Media are invited to join Hydro Ottawa and Christie Lake Kids as they celebrate the success of the first summer camp held at the Hydro Ottawa Sustainable Youth Leadership Centre. This innovative facility, located at Belle Island on Christie Lake, provides a unique opportunity for economically disadvantaged youth to experience and learn about alternative energy while building their leadership skills.
Highlights of the event include remarks by Hydro Ottawa President and CEO Bryce Conrad, tours of the new facility by youth who participated in the program, a cake cutting ceremony, and a photo-op.
|Date:||Tuesday, October 1, 2013|
11:30 a.m to 1:30 p.m.
Lunch will be provided
Christie Lake Kids Camp, 1264 Althorpe Rd, Tay Valley Township (south
west of Perth).
Please note that media will be ferried over by boat to Belle Island by camp staff.
Directions to Christie Lake Camp from Ottawa
- Take the 417 West to Highway #7
- Take the # 7 Highway (Toronto) to Perth (82 Km)
- Continue on Hwy #7 past Perth. About 5 minutes past Perth, you will come to a set of lights at the Glen Tay Rd.
- Turn left onto Glen Tay Rd, crossing the railroad tracks.
- At the stop sign (end of Glen Tay Rd.), turn right onto local County Road 6 (Christie Lake Road).
- Continue on local County Road 6 (Christie Lake Road becomes Althorpe Road) for about 15 minutes. Watch for a brown sign on the right-hand side that says "Christie Lake Camp 201 Yards".
- 201 yards later, turn right into Christie Lake Camp. There are big gates, a sign saying "Christie Lake Camp", and a house at the top of the hill.
- Continue down the camp road until you reach the parking lot.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.For further information:
Supervisor, Media and Public Affairs
613-738-5499 ext. 145