Welcome to the family: Samsung Canada adds 5 great items to its GALAXY family of devices
Samsung Canada announces that the GALAXY Note 3, GALAXY Gear, GALAXY SIII mini, GALAXY S4 mini, GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) as well as the Samsung KNOX security feature are all coming to the Canadian market in 2013
MISSISAUGA, ON, Sept. 23, 2013 /CNW/ - Samsung Canada, one of the leading suppliers of mobile phones in the Canadian marketplace, continues to grow its selection of GALAXY devices, providing Canadians with a broad variety of cutting edge technology that features superior performance and sleek design. Announced globally earlier this month at Samsung Unpacked 2013 Episode 2 in Berlin, the GALAXY Note 3, GALAXY Gear and GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 edition), will be available in Canada later this year as well as the GALAXY SIII mini and the GALAXY S4 mini.
"We are very excited to add the GALAXY Note 3, GALAXY Gear, GALAXY SIII mini, GALAXY S4 mini and the GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) to our lineup this fall," said Paul Brannen, Vice President Enterprise Business Division, Samsung Canada. "Samsung does not believe in a one size fits all approach - we believe in device democracy which is why we continue to grow our Samsung family of GALAXY devices, ensuring that we have a device to suit everyone's needs."
Take Note of the Samsung GALAXY Note 3
Designed to make everyday life easier and more enjoyable, the GALAXY Note 3 delivers a larger screen for an excellent viewing experience and more powerful multitasking, and introduces significant S Pen improvements. GALAXY Gear, the perfect companion for premium Galaxy smartphones, combines smart device connectivity, tailored technological features, and stylish design as a wearable technology.
Additionally, the new GALAXY Note 3 comes with enhanced privacy and security protection provided by Samsung KNOX. The KNOX security feature extends to meet the needs of consumers outside the office with the ability to activate the security container for personal use without involving the IT department. Important personal content like photos and videos stored in the personal container are protected from information leakage due to hacking.
"The GALAXY Note category has grown into a full ecosystem of smart devices that integrate seamlessly, making it easier for Canadians to experience life's moments to the fullest," said Paul Brannen, Vice President Enterprise Business Division, Samsung Canada. "We are very proud of the GALAXY Note 3 - a true progression in this iconic category and we are excited to introduce GALAXY Gear. Designed to enhance user experience with the GALAXY Note 3 and other Galaxy phones later this year, GALAXY Gear delivers true innovation beyond what anyone else in the industry offers and launches Samsung into the forefront of wearable technology."
The third iteration of Samsung's iconic Note category of smartphones, the GALAXY Note 3 comes with a wider (5.7inch) full HD Super AMOLED display, yet slimmer (8.3mm) and lighter hardware design, and more powerful and longer lasting (3,200mAh) battery than GALAXY Note 2. Additionally, the Samsung GALAXY Note 3 delivers a new premium look and feel. Expanding on the modern Samsung GALAXY design approach, Samsung GALAXY Note 3 adds a soft and textured-touch back cover and delicate stitching.
Additional 'Note' worthy benefits include:
- Improved S Pen functionality: with features such as Air Command, Action Memo, Scrapbook and Pen Window, work together to provide quicker and better organization, expression of creativity and personalization. For more advanced note taking, the new S Note offers a comprehensive solution that lets users write, organize and edit notes that sync with a Samsung account for access from multiple devices.
- Protect your content: The Samsung KNOX security feature helps you keep your personal files private. Avoid information leakage and hacking by saving important and personal content in the personal container.
- Capture life's moments: The 13 megapixel rear camera with Smart Stabilization and high CRI LED flash enables users to capture everything they see.
- Become a multi-tasking maven: With the new Multi Window, users can toggle seamlessly between applications (or two windows of one application) without closing the window or opening a new page, and Drag and Drop allows users to drag and drop content from one window to another.
Live in the Moment with GALAXY Gear
Combining smart device connectivity, tailored features and an impressive, stylish design, GALAXY Gear is the perfect companion device that enhances everyday life. With an understated elegance, refined design and high-quality finishes, GALAXY Gear is more than just a beautiful accessory. This device offers a host of features such as Quick Glance to preview messages sent to their phone, Voice Memo to capture important thoughts or conversations from their wrist and Auto Lock, which locks the smartphone screen when it is more than 1.5 metres from GALAXY Gear.
Additional benefits include:
- Free up your hands: The built-in speaker allows users to conduct hands-free calls directly from the GALAXY Gear without disrupting their daily routines.
- Don't miss a thing: With the Memographer feature, a 1.9 Megapixel camera, users who are on the move can record both photos and video with their GALAXY Gear.
- Go for a jog: Control your music and track your progress with the music controller and pedometer.
- Talk it out: S Voice gives users the ability to draft notes, create new calendar items and check the weather on the GALAXY Gear directly.
Experience it all with the GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
Bringing all of the great benefits of the GALAXY Note 3.0 to a tablet, the new GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) balances productivity, power and aesthetics, allowing users to easily create and consume content from one device. The stunning LCD screen and 1.9 GHZ Octa Core processor deliver excellent viewing and multitasking capabilities beautifully presented in a slim, sleek tablet design. Enhanced privacy protection is achieved through Samsung's KNOX security, allowing users to keep their personal content in a separate container.
Additional benefits include:
- See it all: The bright, clear screen with four times pixel density of the original GALAXY Note 10.1, offers users an enjoyable and captivating viewing experience, whether watching movies or reading articles.
- Stay ahead of your to-do list: With the Multi Window users can run separate activities on the same screen, easily multi-tasking their daily tasks.
- Explore your creativity: Enhanced S Pen capabilities allow users to efficiently draw, write and scrapbook, all while enjoying their creations on the larger screen.
On the Go with the GALAXY SIII mini and GALAXY S4 mini
The Samsung GALAXY SIII mini and S4 mini are powerful yet compact versions of Samsung's bestselling smartphones, the GALAXY SIII and GALAXY S4. The GSIII and GS4 minis deliver the superior performance, intuitive ease-of-use and sleek design of the original models in a highly portable, chic and compact design, making them an ideal companion for everyday life.
With a 4.0-inch (GSIII mini) and a 4.3-inch (GS4 mini) Super AMOLED screen, the minis are lightweight and compact, making them easy to carry and operate with one hand. Though compact, the minis also boast powerful performance, allowing users to quickly and easily perform data intensive tasks. These new devices line up with the 2 year contract pricing options being offered by carriers and give customers choices at new price points.
The Samsung GALAXY Note 3, GALAXY GEAR, GALAXY SIII mini and GALAXY S4 mini will be available through major Canadian mobile providers and retailers starting October 4, 2013. Additionally, when consumers purchase a GALAXY Note 3 and GALAXY Gear together at the point of sale from October 4-6, they will receive $100 off the total cost.
Samsung GALAXY Note 3 will be available in Jet Black and Classic White. The GALAXY Gear will be available in Jet Black, Wild Orange and Oatmeal Beige.
The GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) will be available in November, just in time for holiday shopping.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada offers a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics including televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. The Canadian arm, selected as one of Canada's Top 10 Marketers of the Year in 2012 by Marketing Magazine, upholds Samsung's global mission to open new possibilities for people everywhere, providing users premium experiences that are unparalleled due to Samsung's innovative technology and stylish design. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the consumer electronics industry both in terms of business leadership and brand strength. In 2012, Samsung was ranked #9 in the Interbrand "100 Best Global Brands" breaking the top ten for the first time, and was named as one of Fast Company's "50 Most Innovative Companies of 2011".
SOURCE Samsung Electronics CanadaFor further information:
For more information or media inquiries:
North Strategic for Samsung Canada