6th Martinique Gourmande Culinary Festival
The annual culinary festival is back in restaurants and bars in the Greater Montréal area!
MONTREAL, Sept. 6, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - The Martinique Promotion Bureau proudly launched today the sixth edition of the Martinique Gourmande Culinary Festival, which runs from September 7 to 22 in 21 restaurants and bars in and around Montreal. For two weeks, participating establishments will add Martinican-inspired dishes and cocktails to their menus, to the delight of many foodies in the area.
A long-lived, popular festival
The Martinique Gourmande Culinary Festival began in 2008, an initiative of the Martinique Promotion Bureau in Canada. The festival has grown from just four establishments in its first year to 21 this year, including Apollo Le Restaurant, Ateliers et Saveurs, BarBounya, Barraca, Beaver Hall, Bistro Cocagne, Boutique Point G, Carte Blanche, Chez Chose, Chez Victoire, La Chronique, Les Éclusiers par Apollo, Le Gainzbar, L'Incrédule, Inspecteur Épingle, Le Lab, Le Montréalais, Pub Quartier Latin, Le Refuge du Faubourg, Le Valois and Saveur Soleil.
The list keeps growing, to the immense satisfaction of Karine Roy-Camille, Tourism Commissioner of the Martinique Tourism Authority. "The rapid growth of the festival echoes that of our air service, which has been steadily increasing since 2010, thanks in part to a partnership with Air Canada and Vacances TMR. Martinique Gourmande has also become a great opportunity for exchange between Québec and Martinican chefs, which further strengthens the unique, friendly connection between Martinique and Quebec."
Activities to suit every taste
Besides dishes and cocktails with a Martinican flare, the festival offers other activities related to the gastronomy of the island of flowers, celebrating its African, Indian, French and Caribbean influences.
On the program for 2013:
- tastings at the Jean Talon Market, Saturday, September 7, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- a butter-bread making workshop (a favourite Martinican sweet yeast bread often eaten for breakfast), Saturday, September 14, from 2 to 5:30 p.m. at the Saveur Soleil restaurant
- culinary workshops at Ateliers et Saveurs on September 10, 12, 17 and 19
- a Tropical Heat Wave happy hour with special Martinican cocktails and music at the Inspecteur Épingle tavern on Saturday, September 21
…and lots more!
So many opportunities to discover or re-discover the flavours of the Flower of the Caribbean, Martinique!
Meet Martinique and follow all the stages of the culinary festival:
- on our website: www.martiniquegourmande.ca
- on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RencontrezLaMartinique
- on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MeetMartinique
- on Instagram: @rencontrez_la_martinique
Description : Description : CMT_logo_Positif
About Martinique (www. martinique.org )
The Caribbean island with French flair, The Isle of Flowers, The Rum Capital of the World, The Isle of the Famed Poet (Aimé Césaire) - by any one of its many names Martinique remains one of the most alluring and enchanting destinations in the world.
SOURCE Martinique Gourmande Culinary FestivalFor further information:
Comité martiniquais du tourisme
T 514.288.2026 ext. 241