Rogers Media Unveils a Brighter, Easier, and More Engaging Multi-Channel Retail Experience with the Evolution of THE SHOPPING CHANNEL, Today
- Refreshed on-air and online look and all-new mobile app make it easier
than ever to shop -
- Special-themed programming, improved shipping, and bilingual online functionality unveiled -
- Recently announced Isaac Mizrahi Live! lifestyle collection joins roster of first-class brands and products -
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Sept. 6, 2013 /CNW/ - THE SHOPPING CHANNEL (TSC) helps Canadians discover something new every day - and beginning today, the way to discovery becomes easier and even better. The leading interactive and only Canadian multi-channel retailer is becoming an all-new TSC - with an evolved new look, all-new mobile platforms, on-air social media engagement, new leading brands, more celebrity guest appearances, and an enhanced experience for shoppers. Now available on any device - with the launch of the new TSC app for iPhone, iPad and mobile website - shoppers can find what they need and desire whenever, wherever, and however they want for themselves, their homes, and their families.
THE SHOPPING CHANNEL's evolution kicks off with the exciting brand launch of Isaac Mizrahi Live! - with the fashion icon himself live in studio - today, Friday, Sept. 6 at 10 p.m. ET.
"What differentiates TSC from other Canadian retailers is our unique ability to demonstrate the features and benefits of each and every product we sell, helping our customers to understand exactly what they're getting, how it will look, and how it will feel," said Steven Goldsmith, President, THE SHOPPING CHANNEL. "Our brand evolution enhances this unique shopping advantage by reflecting changing online retail habits and desires, allowing for superior accessibility, and ultimately enabling our customers to discover more of what they want. THE SHOPPING CHANNEL will continue to be everything our customers have loved about us, but easier, brighter and even better."
THE SHOPPING CHANNEL is currently experiencing double-digit growth on each of its platforms. Already one of Canada's top 10 online retailers, TSC is positioning itself to fully leverage e-commerce growth trends. Projected business to consumer e-commerce growth in Canada is expected to reach $35 billion in 2016 - compared to $21 billion in 2012.*
Starting today, Canadian shoppers will see:
A Refreshed New Look
- A revitalized logo with all-new colour palette, styling, and 3D design to complement the brand's evolution
- On-air graphic updates that increase the focus on the product, better inform the customer, and highlight the features and pricing benefits of each retail offer
- An updated and redesigned website, tsc.ca, featuring fresh graphic treatment and layout, improved usability, ease of shopping, and nearly 100 per cent bilingual functionality
- Newly redesigned studio sets to better showcase the features and benefits of each product, including: a brand-new, custom, state-of-the-art chef's kitchen for celebrity guests such as Wolfgang Puck, Lynn Crawford and Mark McEwan; refined lighting and a new boutique-feel jewellery set to enrich the view and perspective of diamonds and gemstones from leading designers such as RJ Graziano and Carol Brodie; and added studio space to accommodate exciting product demonstrations for runway shows with Brian Bailey fashions and Serta mattresses
A Powerful New Lineup
- New weekly programming segments, including "Destination Style," "Destination Beauty," and "Host Picks" to showcase the latest trends in fashion, skin care, makeup and more, in an entertaining new format
- Enhanced portfolio of first-class brands with the launch of Isaac Mizrahi Live! apparel and accessories, Serta mattresses, Clarks shoes, and Aimee Kestenberg handbags
- Extensive on-air host involvement in gemology, culinary, and textiles, helping to authenticate each story and deliver engaging shopping experiences for viewers
More Ways to Shop, Interact, and Be Rewarded
- All new "ShopTSC" app for iPhone, iPad and mobile website for fast, convenient and easy shopping; the perfect companion to the on-air TSC experience
- Social media on-air interaction featuring viewer tweets and comments appearing on screen throughout each presentation, and with on-air hosts allowing viewers to engage with their favourite presenters through Facebook and Twitter
- Improved shipping policies, including reduced shipping costs on more than 75 per cent of items for sale, free shipping on purchases above $150, and a convenient, hassle-free return environment
Available on-air and online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, THE SHOPPING CHANNEL offers its customers a vast assortment of exclusive products and top brand names including Dyson, Wolfgang Puck, Vitamix, Joan Rivers, L'Occitane, Isaac Mizrahi Live! and KitchenAid. By incorporating entertainment, inspiration, personalities and retail industry leaders, TSC provides a unique and convenient shopping experience, where customers can find exceptional selections, great value, and exclusive product offers in health and beauty, jewellery, home, fashion and accessories, and electronics.
Social Media Links
THE SHOPPING CHANNEL Official Website tsc.ca
Like THE SHOPPING CHANNEL on Facebook Facebook.com/TheShoppingChannel
Follow THE SHOPPING CHANNEL on Twitter @theShoppingChan
Pin THE SHOPPING CHANNEL on Pinterest Pinterest.com/ShoppingChannel
About THE SHOPPING CHANNEL
Headquartered in Mississauga, ON, THE SHOPPING CHANNEL is a leading interactive multi-channel retailer, offering a vast assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. THE SHOPPING CHANNEL incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and retail industry leaders to provide a unique shopping experience. At THE SHOPPING CHANNEL, customers find exceptional selections in health/beauty, jewellery, home/lifestyle, fashion/accessories, and electronics. THE SHOPPING CHANNEL is one of Canada's most innovative and diversified retailers and a division of Rogers Broadcasting Limited (a subsidiary of Rogers Media Inc.) Learn more at tsc.ca.
SOURCE The Shopping ChannelFor further information:
Shannon Hall, THE SHOPPING CHANNEL, firstname.lastname@example.org, 905.362.7736