CTV Leads the Way for Another #1 Summer with 13 of Top 20 Programs
- CTV delivers three Canadian series with million-plus audiences -
- CTV wins 6 of 7 nights and delivers more Top 20 programs than all other broadcasters -
- THE AMAZING RACE CANADA breaks records and is Canada's most-watched program of the summer with 3.33 million viewers -
- MASTERCHEF continues sizzling summer run with 1.87 million viewers; #3 program of the summer -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/18pTAex
TORONTO, Aug. 30, 2013 /CNW/ - As summer comes to an end, CTV gains momentum into fall with more Top 20 programs than all other broadcasters combined in total viewers and A25-54. And making the Top 20 list this summer are three CTV original series, all with million-plus audiences. Led by the blockbuster, record-breaking, fan-favourite THE AMAZING RACE CANADA with an average audience of 3.33 million viewers each week, original dramas SAVING HOPE (1.24 million) and THE LISTENER (1.09 million) also rank among the Top 15 most-watched programs in the country. CTV also delivers three of the Top 4 new summer series, with HOLLYWOOD GAME NIGHT and MISTRESSES joining the Top 20, while MASTERCHEF has grown by double digits in total viewers and all key demos to now rank as the #3 series of the summer.
**Media Note** - Download photography at BellMediaPR.ca.
"CTV's strong mix of reality and dramatic programming has once again resulted in another #1 summer season," said Phil King, President, CTV Programming and Sports. "Our summer schedule provides great momentum heading into the fall season, featuring some of television's most-anticipated series."
Leading the pack is Canada's #1 program of the summer, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA. The smash-hit, original series vaulted into the record books last month as the biggest debut on record for a series in Canada (3.5 million viewers), and has kept pace ever since. Meanwhile, finishing its summer run and winning the night on Aug. 20, SAVING HOPE broke into the Top 10 this season and grew its A25-54 audience in Vancouver and Calgary. THE LISTENER, which just completed its fourth season, has also seen A25-54 growth in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary compared to last year, and achieved a new series high when 1.4 million viewers tuned into the Aug. 7 broadcast this year.
Additional summer highlights:
- MASTERCHEF is Canada's second-ranked reality series after THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, averaging 1.9 million viewers and growing double-digits in total viewers (+17%) and all key demos (+16% for A18-49 and +12% for A25-54 and A18-34).
- New CTV original comedy series SATISFACTION is delivering a cumulative average weekly audience of 852,000 viewers*. The series is watched by 2.2 million unique viewers each week, often winning its Monday timeslot on conventional TV among A25-54.
- New game show HOLLYWOOD GAME NIGHT and new provocative drama MISTRESSES rank in the Top 15 programs of the summer in all key demos.
TOP 20 RANKED SCHEDULED PROGRAMS (2+)
|1||CTV||THE AMAZING RACE CANADA||3.33 Million|
|2||Global||UNDER THE DOME||2.37 Million|
|4||Global||BIG BROTHER||1.52 Million|
|5||City||AMERICA'S GOT TALENT||1.42 Million|
|6||Global||ROOKIE BLUE||1.38 Million|
|7||CTV||CTV EVENING NEWS||1.32 Million|
|8||City||HELL'S KITCHEN||1.31 Million|
|9||CTV||SAVING HOPE||1.244 Million|
|10||CTV||THE BIG BANG THEORY||1.235 Million|
|11||CTV||CTV NATIONAL NEWS||1.16 Million|
|13||CTV||THE LISTENER||1.09 Million|
|15||CTV||TWO AND A HALF MEN||1.03 Million|
|16||CTV||HOLLYWOOD GAME NIGHT||951,000|
|17||Global||NCIS: LOS ANGELES||925,000|
|19||CTV||SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE||891,000|
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
- CTV -
Source: BBM Canada, Summer 2013: May 27 - Aug 18, 2013, Summer 2012: May 28 -
Sep 16, 2012, Programs with multiple airings have been combined in the
Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 are based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.
CTV electronic audience databases incorporate data beginning in 1994.
*Original and repeat broadcasts
SOURCE CTVFor further information: