West Coast Star Spotting: Visit Vancouver
Hotels.com Shares Top Picks for Celebrity Sightseeing
TORONTO, Aug. 29, 2013 /CNW/ - With the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) around the corner, the stars are on our minds. But Toronto isn't the only city to get your celebrity fix. Vancouver, BC, which is one of the biggest film production centres in North America, is another popular destination among celebrities and Hotels.com® has the inside scoop on the best places to spot famous faces.
"Vancouver is the perfect place for movie-lovers to visit," says Taylor L. Cole, APR, travel expert for Hotels.com. "It's a popular filming destination where many Hollywood blockbusters have been shot, and celebrities are often spotted around the city enjoying the local music and dining scenes."
With so much to do and see in this scenic city, celeb spotting may seem as challenging as the age-old needle in a haystack dilemma. But don't fret; you just need to know where to look. From hotels to bars, spas and restaurants, check out our go-to spots here:
- Absolute Spa at the Century Plaza Hotel: Get pampered and bump into your favourite celeb - sounds like a win-win to us! This spa has been frequented by beautiful leading ladies like Gwyneth Paltrow, Sharon Stone and Uma Thurman.
- Blue Water Café: When you go to the west coast, there's one thing you must try - the top notch seafood! Blue Water Café is consistently voted "Best Seafood Restaurant" in the city and has been frequented by the likes of Alicia Silverstone, Jamie Lee Curtis and Ben Stiller.
- Cin Cin: Maybe you'll leave this award-winning restaurant yelling 'Viva Italia!' but, if not, you might run into one of your favourite stars such as Naomi Watts, Robin Williams or Janet Jackson, who have all been spotted here.
- Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver: This upscale chain is popular globally, so it stands to reason that the west coast location gets in on the star action with famous guests like Al Pacino and Ashton Kutcher.
- Gotham Steakhouse: Sometimes we all - vegetarians aside - crave a juicy steak. In Vancouver, this is the go-to for the rich and famous. Stars seen dining here include Sarah Michelle Gellar, The Rock and Halle Berry.
- Opus Hotel and Opus Bar: Voted one of the "Top 5 Trendiest Hotels in the World", it's no surprise that it's popular among the Hollywood in-crowd and has hosted celebrities from Justin Timberlake to Reese Witherspoon.
- Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel: With stunning views of mountains, the harbour and skyline - what more could you ask for? It only makes sense that this would attract visitors looking to soak in the sights. Celebrity guests have included Brad Pitt, Jack Nicholson and 50 Cent.
- Wedgewood Hotel and Bacchus Lounge: This award-winning property is privately owned and wows guests with its luxury design and individual touches. Along with its in-house restaurant and lounge it has become a favourite among stars like Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, Ben Affleck and Harrison Ford.
Celeb Spotting Tips:
- Make friends with your concierge: These folks are in the know and often have the inside scoop on where to go and who is in town.
- Check online: When movies are being taped in the city, news sites or blogs often write about it. The BC Film Commission even has a list of current projects being taped - perfect for avid fans.
- Grab a coffee and sit outside: This is when some of the best people watching can happen and if it's in a posh neighbourhood, you're upping your chances.
There's really no better time to visit the west coast because it's also the Hotels.com Vancouver Sale, featuring savings of up to 25 per cent on hotel accommodations in the city, including some of the celebrity-spotting hotspots. Plus, if you're a Welcome Rewards™ member you'll earn one free* night for every 10 stayed. So pack a bag, your camera and favourite autograph pen!
Tell us about your Vancouver holiday with #Vancouverhotels on Twitter @hotelsdotcomCA.
Hotels.com (also known in Canada as Hotels.ca) is a leading online accommodation booking brand. Through the Expedia, Inc. global network of websites, Hotels.com, LP connects travellers with approximately 220,000 properties around the world, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favourites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Hotels.com, LP benefits from one of the largest hotel contracting teams in the industry, obtaining the best rates for its customers, and offers frequent sales, special deals and promotions. There are more than 7 million Guest Reviews on the websites from users who have actually stayed in the hotels to ensure customers can make an informed choice when booking. Through Hotels.com, LP's industry-leading loyalty program Welcome RewardsTM, customers can earn a free* night for every 10 nights stayed at more than 85,000 hotels. Under its Price Match Guarantee†, if a customer can find the same deal for less on a prepaid hotel, Hotels.com, LP will refund the difference. Travellers can book online or by contacting one of the multilingual call centers. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded at www.hotels.com/deals/mobile_app/ enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals. Hotels.com publishes an award-winning twice-yearly review of international hotel room price trends called the Hotels.com Hotel Price Index™, which is now produced in 31 individual country editions, with North American data available at www.hotel-price-index.com. Follow Hotels.com on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Hotels.comCA, on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/hotelsdotcomca and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/hotelsdotcom. More Hotels.com news is available at: http://press.hotels.com/en-ca/.Hotels.com, LP is part of Expedia, Inc., the largest online travel company in the world with an extensive portfolio that includes some of the world's best-known brands.
Hotels.com, Welcome Rewards, Finding You the Perfect Place and the Hotels.com logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. © 2013 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved. CST # 2083949-50
*Your free night is good at any Welcome Rewards eligible property. The maximum value of your free night is the average daily rate of your ten (10) nights. Your free night does not include taxes and fees.
† Price match guarantee on hotel bookings. If you find a lower price on exactly the same stay elsewhere, we'll match it or let you cancel your booking without a penalty. Terms and conditions apply.
Image with caption: "Vancouver's stylish Gastown neighborhood is sought after by trendy locals and celebrities alike (CNW Group/Hotels.com)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130829_C8944_PHOTO_EN_30233.jpgFor further information: