Record June truck sales lead Toyota to record first half truck sales
TORONTO, July 3, 2013 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) set a June record of 8,716 trucks sold, up 12.6% versus 2012, leading to the new all-time best first half of the year for TCI truck sales with 45,299 trucks sold, up 10.7%.
Leading the way was the Toyota RAV4, which had a best-ever June, with sales of 3,193, up 38.8%. It's the RAV4's fifth consecutive best-ever month, meaning a new record has been set each month the all-new model has been on the market. For the first half of the year, RAV4 sales were 16,660, up 36.3%.
It was also a record June for the Toyota Tacoma 4x4, with 956 sold, up 21.3%, bringing the first half total for all Tacoma sales to 5,115, up 11%.
Overall, TCI sold 18,338 vehicles in June, down 4% versus 2012. For the first six months of the year, TCI sales were 97,176, down 0.9% versus the first half of 2012.
Toyota sales highlights for June 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Toyota sales:16,625
- Toyota passenger car sales: 8,617
- Avalon sales: 129 (up 578.9%)
- Camry Hybrid sales: 378 (up 21.2%)
- Prius c sales: 324 (up 19.1%) :: new June record
- Toyota truck sales: 8,008 (up 14.8%) :: new June record
- Highlander sales: 615 (up 27.1%)
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 89 (up 15.6%)
- RAV4 sales: 3,193 (up 38.8%) :: new June record
- Sequoia sales: 61 (up 27.1%)
- Tacoma 4X2 sales: 48 (up 152.6%)
- Tacoma 4X4 sales: 956 (up 21.3%) :: new June record
- Tundra 4X2 sales: 38 (up 171.4%
Lexus sales highlights for June 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Lexus sales: 1,286
- Lexus luxury car sales: 578
- ES sales: 235 (up 35.1%)
- LS sales: 16 (up 166.7%)
- Lexus luxury SUV sales: 708
- LX sales: 33 (up 26.9%) :: new June record
Scion sales highlights for June 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Scion sales: 427
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
SOURCE: Toyota Canada Inc.For further information:
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.