IHG® Rewards Club Launches Worldwide
New benefits including free internet for Elite members take effect from today
IHG Rewards Club will provide members with all of the existing benefits, in addition to some exciting new ones including free internet for all members across IHG's network of over 4,600 hotels - an industry first. This applies whether members are staying the night or coming in for a coffee or impromptu meeting, starting today for Elite members and available to all members from 2014.
Richard Solomons, Chief Executive, IHG, commented: "IHG Rewards Club is much more than just a new name for our loyalty programme. It builds on our existing programme, giving members a great new range of industry-leading benefits. This is why IHG Rewards Club has been chosen by more travellers than any other hotel loyalty programme worldwide.
IHG's broad family of nine brands in nearly 100 countries and territories meets the needs of our guests, whatever the occasion - whether that be an overnight getaway, a business trip, a family celebration or a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
IHG is the only hotel company that offers members additional recognition for exploring the breadth of its portfolio, which includes InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Hotel Indigo. For example, we are offering guests accelerated progression to Gold Elite status when they stay 10 nights across three different IHG hotel brands."
IHG Rewards Club is the world's first and largest hotel loyalty programme. Visitors and guests can sign up free of charge and find out more about the changes and benefits online or at any IHG hotel.
Notes to Editors:
New member benefits include:
- Free internet to all Elite members from July 2013 and extending to all members during 2014
- The ability to earn Elite status faster by staying in three or more of IHG's hotel brands
- Reward Nights will count toward earning Elite status
- Platinum Elite members' "extra" nights will roll over toward maintaining their status in their next membership year
Existing industry-leading benefits include:
- Points that never expire
- No blackout dates for Reward Nights, so members can stay any time
- Faster rewards by using a combination of Points & Cash
- Redeem points for flights on over 400 airlines with Flights AnywhereTM; for hotel stays virtually anywhere with Hotels Anywhere; or search, book and purchase car rentals with well-known local and global providers at airports worldwide with Cars Anywhere
- Exclusive member-only, in-hotel perks
- Our concierge program to help you find a specific merchandise reward
- Plus, earn points for everyday spending with our partners and while shopping and dining
IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of nine hotel brands, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn® Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN™ Hotels and HUALUXE™ Hotels & Resorts.
IHG manages IHG® Rewards Club, the world's first and largest hotel loyalty programme with over 73 million members worldwide. The programme was relaunched in July 2013, offering enhanced benefits for members including free internet across all hotels, globally.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns over 4,600 hotels and more than 674,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries and territories. With more than 1,000 hotels in its development pipeline, IHG expects to recruit around 90,000 people into additional roles across its estate over the next few years.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group's holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihg.com/media, www.twitter.com/ihg, www.facebook.com/ihg or www.youtube.com/ihgplc.
Image with caption: "IHG® Rewards Club Launches Worldwide (CNW Group/IHG)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130702_C4803_PHOTO_EN_28682.jpg
SOURCE: IHGFor further information:
Jaime Shulman: 416-675-6644 ext. 711 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Hayley Findlay: 416-413-4640 / email@example.com