Gordon Food Service Canada Uses Kronos to Improve Productivity
MISSISSAUGA, ON, May 21, 2013 /CNW/ - Kronos Incorporated today announced that Gordon Food Services (GFS) Canada will use its workforce management solutions to further control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve productivity.
- GFS Canada, a division of North America's largest broadline family-owned foodservice distributor, delivers a diverse product line to grocery, hospitality, and other foodservice businesses, selected Kronos time and attendance and absence management applications. For added innovation in how the organization collects time-worked data from employees, GFS Canada also purchased Kronos® InTouchTM time clocks to provide employees more control over their time, enabling them to easily check accrual balances, request time off, and view schedules - all in real time.
- By automating and standardizing critical workforce business processes across its operating divisions, GFS Canada will gain real-time insight into critical labor data. Kronos will offer productivity benefits by accurately tracking logistical details across the supply chain, providing data that will help the entire organization save money while improving the customer experience.
- Kronos will also standardize reporting to further refine the organization's pay-for-performance compensation practice, enhancing employee satisfaction in addition to enabling superior service. For example, drivers can be paid by the kilometers they travel or cases they deliver as these activities can be accurately tracked with Kronos. This will also lead employees to work more efficiently and accurately.
David Vickery, senior manager of human resources, GFS Canada
"Kronos will give us a whole new level of data reporting, which will help us serve our customers even better."
Amy Ouelette, manager, benefits, GFS Canada
"Kronos is the market leader in workforce management and its products are highly intuitive. The knowledgeable consultants from Kronos are also helping drive a smooth implementation. With Kronos, our employees will be able to report very easily and managers will have more time to spend on customer service, as critical workforce management processes will be automated."
Spiros Paleologos, vice president of operations, Kronos Canada
"Smart organizations such as GFS Canada realize that to be truly competitive in the Canadian market, they have to innovate. A key part of innovation is uncovering ways to improve productivity. Automating key workforce management processes can help drive efficiencies and we look forward to working with GFS Canada on this important project."
- About Gordon Food Service Canada.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Kronos Inc.For further information:
+1 416.968.7311, ext. 236