Registration Open for the 2013 High Performance Computing Symposium in Ottawa June 2-6
"Big Data + Big Compute = Big Insights" is the theme of Canada's foremost supercomputing conference
OTTAWA, April 11, 2013 /CNW/ - The 2013 High Performance Computing Symposium (2013.HPCS.ca) is open for registration and technical program submissions.
Canada's top supercomputing conference is being held at the University of Ottawa from June 2 to 6. HPCS 2013 will address the role of "big data" and "big computing" - using the largest, most powerful computers available - for breakthroughs and innovation in medicine, industry, government and academia including:
- The role of big data in brain research and transplant surgery;
- How big data and supercomputing saves time and resources in mining and exploration;
- Challenges governments face with massive quantities of data and powerful computing in everything from privacy to security of critical infrastructure such as power grids;
- How Canadian business and industry can achieve the height of global competitiveness through the power of data analysis and supercomputing.
"Big data and high-performance computing is playing a bigger role every day in our lives and in our workplaces," said Bill Appelbe, President and CEO of Compute Canada. "The High Performance Computing Symposium brings together some of the world's leading visionaries, researchers, entrepreneurs and users of big data and big computing to learn of the latest breakthroughs and future applications."
Keynote speakers and panelists include:
- Dr. Donald Stuss, President and CEO of the Ontario Brain Institute;
- Fred Vallance-Jones, Data journalist, Halifax;
- Craig Lucas, Numerical Analysis Group, Manchester, U.K.;
- David Eaves: Open Government/Open Data Advocate.
Registration for the conference is online at http://2013.hpcs.ca/registration/. Early-bird prices are in effect until April 30, 2013. Various packages are available from single day participation to full event registration and tutorials.
This year's conference is hosted by the Ontario HPC Consortia - HPCVL, SHARCNET, and SciNet - which provide computing resources and expertise to Canadian researchers and innovators. Sponsors include IBM, Panasas, Spectra Logic, CANARIE, Ontario Centres of Excellence, and ORION .
HPCS (High Performance Computing Symposium) is Canada's foremost supercomputing conference - a multidisciplinary conference where computational researchers from all disciplines in industry and academia, computer scientists, and vendors exchange new tools, techniques and interesting results in and for HPC computational research. Founded in the mid-1980s, this is the 27th annual conference.
SOURCE: High Performance Computing SymposiumFor further information:
For more information about 2013 HPCS:
Jonathan Dursi, Chair, HPCS Program Committee
Cindy Munro, Chair, HPCS Local Organizing Committee
519-661-2111 Ext. 86015
Bluesky Strategy Group Inc.
855-296-7100 or 613-241-3512 x 228
Bluesky Strategy Group Inc.
855-296-7100 or 613-241-3512 x 225