Toronto-Dominion Centre Releases its Inaugural Sustainability Report
TORONTO, Feb. 28, 2013 /CNW/ - Toronto-Dominion Centre today announced the release of its inaugural sustainability report. This is the first time in North America that a single commercial property has provided such transparency into its programs, performance outcomes and ambitious future plans separately from its parent organization.
Download the Toronto-Dominion Centre Sustainability Report here: http://www.tdcentre.com/en/tenants/Documents/TDC%20Sustainability%20Report%202013.pdf
"Sustainability is both smart business and a central component of both Toronto-Dominion Centre and Cadillac Fairview's desire to create high performance environments that enhance tenants' success," said David Hoffman, General Manager of Toronto-Dominion Centre. "This report outlines the outstanding progress made by Toronto-Dominion Centre so far in minimizing its environmental footprint, engaging its tenant community and promoting long-term business vitality."
- TDC's unique Occupant Engagement Program (OEP) produced an award-winning Energy Campaign that reduced total energy use by 2.4 million KWh
- TDC has achieved a 14% reduction in energy use, a 12% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, a 23% reduction in water usage and has diverted 77% of waste from landfill
- Protecting the architectural design of the iconic Mies van der Rohe buildings while also protecting the environment has been a task worth undertaking. Successful TDC retrofit projects include:
- a switch to Deep Lake Cooling that resulted in a 15% reduction in water consumption
- a move to recycle the original single-pane windows to make way for custom units expected to save 5M ekWh in energy and 1,200 tCO2e of GHG emissions per year
- TDC's switch to daytime cleaning saved on energy from after-hours lighting and heating requirements
- TDC's commitment to sustainability extends beyond the property's physical and environmental footprint with support for alternative transportation that includes a secure bicycle parking lot and a partnership with Zipcar
About the TD Centre www.tdcentre.com
The Toronto-Dominion Centre is one of North America's largest business communities and home to 21,000 office employees. Due to its visionary design, unequaled size, and central location, this cultural landmark has played a significant role in the success of a generation of Canada's most innovative and extraordinary business leaders. The TD centre consists of six buildings: Toronto Dominion Bank Tower, 77 King Street West, 100 Wellington Street West, TD Waterhouse Tower, Ernst & Young Tower and 95 Wellington Street West.
About Cadillac Fairview
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is one of North America's largest investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. For more than 50 years, Cadillac Fairview has been a leader in commercial real estate thank to its innovative designs, development and management.
Cadillac Fairview focuses on developing and managing high quality office
properties and regional shopping centres in Canada and the United
States, as well as international investments in real estate companies
and investment funds. With a portfolio valued at more than $21 billion,
Cadillac Fairview and its affiliates own and manage nearly 46 million
square feet of leaseable space at 81 properties across North America,
including some of Canada's landmark developments, such as
Toronto-Dominion Centre, Toronto Eaton Centre, Pacific Centre and
Cadillac Fairview is wholly owned by the Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan, which invests to secure the retirement income of 300,000 active and retired teachers in Ontario. For more information, please visit us online:www.cadillacfairview.com
Image with caption: "Toronto-Dominion Centre Releases its Inaugural Sustainability Report (CNW Group/Toronto-Dominion Centre (TD Centre))". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20130228_C8912_PHOTO_EN_24119.jpg
SOURCE: Toronto-Dominion Centre (TD Centre)For further information:
General Manager, Toronto-Dominion Centre
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited
(416) 640-5525 x 244