Sportsnet Launches Completely Re-Designed Mobile App for iPhone and iPad
- Sportsnet's newly-enhanced, best-in-class app for iOS is designed for the serious sports fan -
- Features include elegant new look and feel, speed-of-light access to breaking news, scores and stats, customizable alerts, and premium content from Sportsnet's team of writers, insiders and analysts -
- iOS app next wave of Sportsnet's leadership in digital innovation -
TORONTO, Feb. 22, 2013 /CNW/ - Sportsnet, Canada's multiplatform destination for all things sports, today announced the release of its latest digital innovation: the newly re-designed Sportsnet Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and iTouch - available free on the App Store and in iTunes.
Following the launch of the recently enhanced app for the BlackBerry 10 platform, Sportsnet Mobile for the iOS platform is designed with the serious sports fan in mind, and uses the latest in mobile technology. The leading-edge app combines speed and functionality to provide greater access to stats, customizable alerts and up-to-the-second game scores from the biggest leagues from around the world.
"The Sportsnet Mobile app is a must-have for all sports fans that need to access content on-the-go, putting information and entertainment at their fingertips," said Pary Bell, Vice President and General Manager, Rogers Digital Media. "With our new apps, we've made it easier than ever for users to access all of the information they are looking for. The iOS versions complement our existing BlackBerry 10 app and are the next step in making Sportsnet a leader on state-of-the-art digital platforms. We are committed to bringing our audiences the content they want on their device of choice."
In the coming weeks, Sportsnet will also launch apps for Android phones and tablets, further cementing Sportsnet's commitment to providing fans with premium sports content on the world's latest devices. Currently, Sportsnet is the first and only sports media company in Canada to launch a digital subscription video on-demand service. Sportsnet World Online provides sports fans with exclusive live and on-demand streaming of premium soccer, cricket, and rugby matches not available anywhere else.
Sportsnet Mobile features a gateway to the fastest, most in-depth sports coverage on-the-go. The new functionality and enhanced user experience will provide sports fans with all the latest news, stories and updates directly from their favourite sportsnet.ca writers, such as award-winning journalist Stephen Brunt, Michael Grange, baseball writer Shi Davidi, and more - whenever and wherever they want.
Key features of Sportsnet Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iTouch include:
- MySN: users can customize Sportsnet Mobile to fit their needs, including following specific teams, players and fantasy leagues simply and easily, as it happens
- Real-time alerts: provides up-to-the-second coverage on any game, including instant notifications of in-game moments like goals, touchdowns, end of a period, quarters, interceptions and more
- In-depth coverage: delivers the deepest stats, news, bios, player and team performance instantaneously, so users can manage fantasy teams with ease
- Horizontal Mode: allows users to see even more advance statistics on any player just by turning the device sideways
Sportsnet connects Canadian sports fans to their favourite teams and athletes, using five platforms: TV, Radio, Print, Online and Mobile. Sportsnet is Fuelled By Fans, and delivers storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level. The multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet magazine, Sportsnet Mobile and the Hockey Central app on iPad and Playbook. Sportsnet is the Canadian leader in NHL and MLB television broadcasts and is home to 162 Toronto Blue Jays games, plus MLB Playoffs and the World Series. Sportsnet is an official licensed broadcaster of the 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilTM and also offers an exciting sports lineup including the NFL, the Memorial Cup, Ultimate Fighting Championship®, Grand Slam of Curling, IndyCar, the Rogers Cup tennis tournament, and extensive soccer programming including Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, UFEA Europa League, MLS Vancouver Whitecaps FC, CONCACAF and Canadian national team matches for men and women. Connected is the network's nightly news program, providing regional and national coverage of the day's events in the world of sports.
SOURCE: SportsnetFor further information: