Global's Survivor: Caramoan Wins the Night
The Tribe Has Spoken - Survivor Continues Its Reign With Over 2.1 Million Viewers
To Tweet This Release, Click here: http://bit.ly/X8fRf0
For artwork, please visit: www.shawmediatv.ca
TORONTO, Feb. 14, 2013 /CNW/ - The unstoppable Survivor, now 26 seasons strong, was the country's top show of the night. Over 2.1 million viewers tuned into Global to catch the premiere episode of Survivor: Caramoan - Fans vs. Favourites, which kicked off with all the drama, scheming, backstabbing and hook-ups fans have come to expect and love from the series.
Survivor fans saw the return of favourite "federal agent" Phillip Sheppard in his ubiquitous pink undies and witnessed his arch nemesis Francesca Hogi getting voted off first for her second time - a first in the series' history. Fans vs. Favourites is keeping past players on their toes as last night's immunity challenge went in favour of the Fans. This season is sure to keep viewers guessing as to who will be to be the top Survivor.
DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data A18-49 unless otherwise indicated):
- Survivor was the #1 program of the night both for 2+ and A18-49, nationally
- 989,000 viewers tuned into the season premiere
- Bested the closest competitor with 63% more audience than CTV's American Idol (averaged over the 90-minute broadcast)
- 4.5 million viewers watched some or all of the 90-minute broadcast (Ind. 2+, nat)
- Survivor ranked #1 in the key Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver markets
- In Toronto, Survivor beat the next closest competitor CTV's American Idol by 63%
- In Vancouver, Survivor beat the next closest competitor CTV's American Idol by 90%
- In Edmonton, Survivor beat the next closest competitor CTV's CSI by 45%
Survivor airs Wednesdays - 8pm ET/PT on Global.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Source: BBM Canada PPM Overnight Data - February 13th, 2013
SOURCE: Global TelevisionFor further information: