China Roars Ahead as Porsche's Fastest-growing Region
Porsche China reported strong growth in 2012
SHANGHAI, Feb. 8, 2013 /CNW/ - In 2013, Porsche China expects to continue building upon its spectacular successes from the past year and further establish its position as the leading luxury sports car maker in the market. The marque set another sales record in 2012, delivering a total of 31,205 cars across mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau, realising a growth rate of 28.2 percent year-on-year, driven primarily by the outstanding sales performance of the Panamera and Cayenne models.
"Last year, Porsche once again set a new benchmark for itself in China," said Mr. Helmut Broeker, Chief Executive Officer of Porsche China. "We attribute this success to our proactive strategy, the commitment of our strong dealership network and workforce, and, of course, the exceptional loyalty of our customers… As we look ahead this year, we plan to continue carrying forward our product offensive with the launch of new hybrid vehicles, such as the 918 Spyder, and, of course, our new Macan SUV."
Key achievements of 2012 included:
- An unbroken record of 11 consecutive years of growth.
- The establishment of new Porsche Centres nationwide.
- Premieres of exciting new cars and upgraded models, including the Cayenne GTS, the Panamera Platinum Edition, the new 911, the Panamera GTS and the new generation of the Boxster.
- Receiving 23 industry honours from top auto media and organisations, nearly half in recognition of the new generation 911.
- Vast expansion of its China CSR programme. For the third year, Porsche partnered with the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) to aid disadvantaged students across Sichuan, Gansu and Yunnan Provinces, contributing over 21 million RMB and 6 Cayenne SUVs in total. The marque and UNICEF also initiated their new Integrated Early Childhood Development (IECD) project across Shanxi and Guizhou. Porsche has pledged to support IECD with a donation of four Cayenne SUVs and a contribution of more than 23 million RMB to last until the end of 2014. By then, including the initial funds sent for disaster relief after the 2008 Sichuan Earthquake, Porsche China will have committed a total donation of more than 50 million RMB in cash plus 10 Cayenne SUVs to UNICEF in China.
Porsche China has several new plans for 2013. In January, it launched its new 911 Carrera 4 on ice in Inner Mongolia; later it will join worldwide celebrations for the 50th anniversary of the 911 series. A unique Porsche Experience Centre in Shanghai is due to open in early 2014.
Outstanding Network Development
Porsche opened 10 new centres in 2012 in Wuxi, Chongqing, Hohhot, Tangshan, Lanzhou, Jinan, Beijing, Hefei, Dalian and Ordos in 2012. A centre established in Nantong this January increased the total to 49. Porsche spearheaded the development of emerging local markets within China by opening centres in second and third-tier cities.
About Porsche China
Porsche has been known as one of the most prestigious automobile brands worldwide for decades. Since 2001, Porsche China has been importing the full range of iconic Porsche sports cars imbued with the sporting spirit of the marque. Porsche China currently operates 49 Porsche Centres in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.
For more information please visit www.porsche.cn.
SOURCE: Porsche ChinaFor further information:
Porsche China, Ms. Ingrid J. Sun, Head of Press and Public Relations, email@example.com; Ms. Joyce Wang, PR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mr. Aaron Li, Regional PR Manager (Southern Area), email@example.com; Ms. Tracy Li, Regional PR Manager (Northern Area), firstname.lastname@example.org; (86-21) 61565 911, press.porsche.cn
PRN Photo Desk, email@example.com