Peterborough gears up to host Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada's marquee events
PETERBOROUGH, ON, Feb. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - Scotiabank invites hockey fans to come out to Peterborough and celebrate Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada on February 9, 2013.
Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada is a full day of hockey featuring NHL games broadcast on CBC on Saturday, February 9, kicking off at 12 noon ET. Events in Peterborough will take place leading up to and on game day itself, which include:
Thursday, February 7, 2013:
- Lord Stanley Visits Local Schools: Hockey greats Mark Napier, Darcy Tucker, Wendel Clark, Peterborough's Own Steve Larmer and Hockey Night in Canada's Andi Petrillo will visit St. Anne's School on 240 Bellevue St to give kids the chance to get up close to the Stanley Cup at 1:00 p.m.
- On-Ice Hockey Clinic: Learn from some of the best as NHL Alumni Darcy Tucker, Mark Napier, Lanny McDonald and Steve Larmer as well as two-time Olympic gold medalist Cassie Campbell-Pascall will host hockey clinics at the Evinrude Centre, 911 Monaghan Rd, from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Scotiabank Kids Hotstove Event: Hockey Legends Lanny McDonald, Mark Napier, Steve Larmer, Darcy Tucker, Wendel Clark and Cassie Campbell-Pascall take the Stanley Cup to the Scotiabank Peterborough Branch on 111 Hunter St. West where they'll field questions from young hockey players from five local Scotiabank-sponsored minor hockey teams. The players will have the chance to get autographs and have their photos taken with the cup. The event starts at 4:30 p.m. and runs until 7:30 p.m.
Friday, February 8, 2013:
- See the Stars with the Cup: Hockey Legends Lanny McDonald, Mark Napier, Steve Larmer, Darcy Tucker and Cassie Campbell-Pascall bring the Stanley Cup to Peterborough YMCA at 123 Aylmer St South. Fans are invited to come to the YMCA, get autographs and have their photo taken with the cup from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Lord Stanley Visits Local Schools: Lanny McDonald, Mark Napier, Steve Larmer, Darcy Tucker and Cassie Campbell-Pascall will visit Roger Neilson Public School from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Hockey Clinics on the Canal: Hockey greats Lanny McDonald, Mark Napier, Steve Larmer, Darcy Tucker and Cassie Campbell-Pascall will be lacing up their skates and teaching young hockey players tips and tricks on the outdoor rink on the Trent-Severn Waterway, Peterborough Lift Lock National Historic site (between locks 20 and 21). The clinic runs from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
- Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada Clinics: Learn from some of the best in the game - Lanny McDonald, Mark Napier, Steve Larmer, Darcy Tucker and Cassie Campbell-Pascall are back on the ice from 10:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m. and 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. to teach young hockey hopefuls at the outdoor rink on the Trent-Severn Waterway, Peterborough Lift Lock National Historic site (between locks 20 and 21).
- Scotiabank Warming Zone at the Canal: Keep your toes warm and check out the Scotiabank Warming Zone with free hot chocolate, coffee, mini doughnuts and poutine from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. NHL Alumni will be on site to sign autographs and have their photos taken from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Scotiabank Girls HockeyFest: Host Ron MacLean will check in with Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada celebrations across Canada including in St. John's, NL where more than 150 young girls will be coached by Olympic Gold Medalists and Canadian Women's Hockey elite players Sami Jo Small and Tessa Bonhomme. The girls will receive training on and off the ice as well as advice from their coaches on how hard work, dedication and determination can help them reach their goals. The girls' training is on Saturday, February 9 from 12:00 - 5:00 p.m. at the Mile One Centre in St.John's.
Hockey Legends Lanny McDonald, Mark Napier, Steve Larmer, Darcy Tucker and Cassie Campbell-Pascall are available for media interviews throughout the weekend.
Scotiabank is the Official Bank of the NHL®, NHL Alumni™, CWHL, Winnipeg Jets®, Toronto Maple Leafs®, Calgary Flames® whose home arena is the Scotiabank Saddledome, and the Ottawa Senators® whose home arena is Scotiabank Place. The Bank also has a partnership with the Montreal Canadiens®. Scotiabank has a long tradition of supporting hockey in Canada from local teams and minor hockey associations to professional players and leagues. Across Canadian communities from coast to coast, Scotiabank's Community Hockey Sponsorship Program reaches out to more than 3,700 minor hockey teams and leagues. To find out more about Scotiabank's hockey programs, please visit www.facebook.com/scotiahockeyclub.
Scotiabank is committed to supporting the communities in which we live and work, both in Canada and abroad, through our global philanthropic program, 'Bright Future'. Recognized as a leader internationally and among Canadian corporations for our charitable donations and philanthropic activities, Scotiabank has provided on average approximately $47 million annually to community causes around the world over each of the last five years. Visit us at www.scotiabank.com.
SOURCE: Scotiabank - Sponsorships & DonationsFor further information:
Scotiabank Media Communications