Future Shop's unbeatable Boxing Day sale expands to mobile devices and starts online December 24
'Open media policy' at majority of stores across Canada on December 26
- Future Shop's Boxing Day sale once again begins on December 24 at 8:00 p.m. EST online at Futureshop.ca and in-store when doors open at 6:00 a.m. local time on December 26 at the majority of locations
- More than four million Canadians are expected to shop on Futureshop.ca on December 24, 25 and 26, snapping up all of the in store door crashers plus hundreds of incredible online-only Boxing Day deals
- Media are invited to take advantage of Future Shop's one-day-only 'Open Media Policy' in stores on December 26
BURNABY, BC, Dec. 21, 2012 /CNW/ - Whether Canadians thrive on the in-store Boxing Day scavenger hunt, prefer sipping cocoa while filling their cart online or simply enjoy snapping up hot deals on their mobile device throughout the day, Future Shop, Canada's leading retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, offers Canadians unbeatable Boxing Day deals regardless of the shopping method. With hundreds of online deals planned, more than four million Canadians are expected to shop at Futureshop.ca for Boxing Day deals between December 24 and 26.
"Once again, we're starting our 13th annual Boxing Day sale online on December 24 with deals that are more exciting than ever," said Thierry Hay-Sabourin, Director of Ecommerce, Future Shop. "New this year, customers can use their smartphones and tablets to shop with us throughout Boxing Day and Boxing Week to take advantage of our hottest deals of the year. The hundreds of sale items in our flyer will also be available online, plus we will have hundreds more exclusive to the web, including daily door crashers on December 24, 25 and 26."
Clicks ahead of the crowd, Future Shop will again launch its annual Boxing Day sale online ahead of December 26. On December 24, 2012, Futureshop.ca will shutdown at 3:00 a.m. EST to begin preparing for the busiest day of the year online. The site will reopen for browsing only at 6:00 p.m. EST when Canadians can uncover the hundreds of online deals across all categories and departments, including expanded assortment items such as luggage, watches and home décor. With Future Shop's mobile apps for smartphones and mobile-optimized website compatible with all devices, taking advantage of these early offers is easier than ever.
Futureshop.ca will officially open for sales at 8:00 p.m. EST on December 24, giving Canadians the chance to check off last minute gifts or start early on their own personal post-holiday wish list. Nearly all stores will open at 6:00 a.m. local time on Boxing Day, December 26, 2012.
Tips for online Boxing Day shopping success:
- Create an account. Creating an online account ahead of time can help you save time and check out faster. After inputting your shipping and billing information on Futureshop.ca, add items to your personal Wish List. Starting on December 24 at 6:00 p.m. EST, start checking the list frequently for deals on selected products and be prepared to Add to Cart when 8:00 p.m. EST strikes.
- Be patient. Hundreds of thousands of Canadians are anticipated to be online at Futureshop.ca when Boxing Day deals go live on December 24 at 8:00 p.m. EST, creating a virtual line up the length of approximately 1,500 hockey rinks. Future Shop prepares all year for this, so be patient and avoid the temptation to click links or buttons more than once as that can create unwanted delays.
- Consider shipping. Not all retailers offer fast, free shipping on Boxing Day purchases. Make the most of your savings by shopping at stores like Future Shop that offers free shipping on orders over $20 and shipping services year round. Future Shop is working extra hard this year throughout the online sale by shipping on Christmas Day, providing an even faster delivery time to customers.
- Use social networks to track deals. Future Shop's e-newletter, Twitter and Facebook are the most up-to-date platforms to find deals and promotions. Sign up for Future Shop's e-newsletter, or visit them online through Twitter account (@FS_Deals and Facebook to stay updated with the best offers.
- Make a list. Prepare for Boxing Day by making a list of the items you need to help stay on track. Not sure which product is best for you? Visit Future Shop's Tech Yeah Community for the best advice on consumer electronics.
Media invited to take advantage of 'Open Media Policy' on Boxing Day on
Exclusively on December 26, media are invited to visit all Future Shop stores open on Boxing Day to capture the hundreds of people lined-up at each store awaiting the doors to open, ringing registers and the overall excitement of Canada's biggest retail day of the year. The majority*** of Future Shop stores in Canada will open at 6:00 a.m. local time.
For a complete list of store locations and Boxing Day hours, visit Futureshop.ca.
*Extended Price Beat Promise runs through January 6, 2013, or 30 days from date of purchase - whichever is longer. Does not apply to cellular/ wireless devices and excludes Boxing Day prices and limited quantity Boxing Week flyer prices. Original receipt required. Store credit issued for any gift receipt returns. To ensure quality service, returns, exchanges, and Price Beat Promise adjustments will not be processed on December 26 or 27, 2012. See complete details here.
**Excluding items requiring special delivery.
***Stores in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario are closed and open at 6:00 a.m. local time on December 27. Due to local laws, some stores open at 1:00 p.m. local time.
About Future Shop
With 149 stores across the country and the nation's premier web store (www.futureshop.ca), Burnaby, BC-based Future Shop is Canada's largest retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics. The company employs more than 10,000 technology enthusiasts, has enabled its website, Futureshop.ca, to deliver unparalleled content about the products it sells. Futureshop.ca also hosts an online community forum and tech blog called Tech Yeah for technology beginners and tech-savvy experts to exchange ideas, reviews, tips and other consumer electronics information (www.futureshop.ca/techyeah). As a proud corporate citizen, Future Shop has developed solutions to recycle used electronics and is committed to employee volunteerism and supporting non-profit organizations dedicated to transforming local youth into Future Leaders (see www.futureshop.ca/futuregeneration).
SOURCE: Future ShopFor further information:
Elliott Chun, Communications Manager │Future Shop│email@example.com│604.412.1764
Press room: www.futureshop.ca/media