/R E P E A T -- Media Advisory - Opening of first service point for the homeless at Place-des-Arts Metro - Business, academic, social, medical and cultural communities choose Place-des-Arts Metro as headquarters for the fight against homelessness/
MONTREAL, Dec. 13, 2012 /CNW Telbec/ - The Société de développement social de Ville-Marie (SDSVM), the STM, the Fondation Armand J. Bombardier, Makivik Corporation , Eidos Montreal and McKesson Canada cordially invite journalists to a news conference on Monday, December 17, at 1 p.m., to announce the creation of the first service centre for the homeless at St. Michael's Mission day centre. This event will be attended by Michael Applebaum, Mayor of Montreal, and Daniel Breton, MNA for Sainte-Marie-Saint-Jacques.
This activity is one of the SDSVM's many initiatives aimed at creating social cohesion in downtown Montreal to deal with the problem of homelessness. Substantial funding and new partnerships with social innovators will also be announced.
What: News conference - Creation of the first service point for the homeless
When: Monday, December 17, 2012, 1 p.m.
Where: St. Michael's Mission (Toît Rouge), 137 Président-Kennedy, Montreal
- Damien Silès, CEO, SDSVM
- Michael Applebaum, Mayor of Montreal
- Daniel Breton, MNA for Sainte-Marie-Saint-Jacques
- Carl Desrosiers, CEO, Société de transports de Montréal
- Dr. Didier Jutras-Aswad, psychiatrist and researcher, CHUM, assistant clinical professor, department of psychiatry, Université de Montreal
- George Greene, board of directors, St. Michael's Mission
SOURCE: Société de développement social de Ville-MarieFor further information: