The Secret Golden Fish of FX: Eight Ways to Achieve Success and Growth in the Retail FX Market
- FOREX CLUB presents a roadmap for growth and success in the retail FX industry
- Insights and recommendations apply to all key players, including Introducing Brokers, traders, money managers, and the brokers themselves
MOSCOW, Dec. 6, 2012 /CNW/ - At the 2012 10th International Finance & Money Fair in Shanghai, China's leading annual financial services conference, Demetrious (Dema) Zamboglou, Head of Hedge & Quant at FOREX CLUB, spoke on how to achieve successful consumer FX business and trading by understanding and adhering to the principles of the 'Eight Golden Fish of FX'. These are eight essential steps that brokers, IBs, money managers and traders themselves should apply to find wealth and success in the world of retail FX.
To view the accompanying presentation, please click http://www.multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/prne/prnewswire/forex/To-Know-the-Eight-Secret-Golden-Fish-of-FX-English.pdf
The eight golden fish of FX are:
- Education - FX rates are driven by multiple factors and the key to success lies in making informed decisions. Education is essential to gain a predictive edge by understanding technical/fundamental analysis tools and mastering high performance solutions and making the most out of being part of a trading community
- Execution - This is a make or break-it prerequisite for successful trading and it's essential for brokers to provide to all their clients. Traders and investors must pick the best platforms for execution to achieve razor-sharp entries and exits, mitigating slippage and ensuring greater returns
- Pricing - Traders and investors must look for transparency when selecting a broker/trading platform to maximise profitability. Costs such as commissions can be obscured by less scrupulous brokers
- Reputation - Listen to the endorsements of other traders and participants in the industry when selecting a broker and pay attention to the conversation taking place in reputable independent social media online trading communities. Reputation is key to mutual success
- Transparency - Be certain that your funds are safe, whether you are an IB, money manager or trader yourself. Ensure all costs, terms and conditions are clear and that there is a dedicated and trusted range of client support services available 24/7
- Analytics - Being informed means being ahead of the crowd. Access to the best information, in real-time and having the right tools to process this drives success in FX trading and the FX industry as a whole
Regulation - Reputable brokers promote transparency, trust and regulated
client-broker relations. Choose the broker that can offer organised
exchange with the highest standards of regulation and transparency
- Discipline - Don't let emotions hurt your profits. Poor execution, lack of experience, hidden costs and insufficient information can all lead to failure - but it finally comes down to emotions and discipline. Traders of all levels should develop their own system for trading, set profit targets (with stop-losses and know when to take profits), and choose the right partner based on reputation, transparency, price, execution, information and - especially for traders who comprise the biggest demographic of the market: education for inexperienced (first-time, novice) and intermediate traders.
Commenting on the eight golden fish of FX, Dema Zamboglou, Head of Hedge & Quant, FOREX CLUB, said: "We wanted to share with our important Chinese audience of financial experts our insights on retail FX best industry practice, standards and principles to ensure and on show them that FX trading can be done successfully if you follow some clear guidelines and principles.
"FX is one of the fastest-growing asset classes globally and is attractive to clients of all backgrounds and levels of experience. And the most important part of successfully navigating the FX market when you are an inexperienced or intermediate trader is education. By appreciating the value of these eight golden fish of FX, traders, investors, IBs, money managers, and consumers, have the potential to realise success and growth for long-term prosperity."
Notes for Editors
About the speaker
Demetrious Zamboglou, Head of Hedge & Quant, FOREX CLUB
Demetrious (Dema) Zamboglou joined FOREX CLUB as Head of Hedge & Quant in February 2012. He is also a Board member of the FOREX CLUB Group of Companies.
Dema is responsible for managing market risk, product pricing framework and enhancing and managing profitability under regulatory constraints. He has a strong track record of leadership in derivatives trading, mathematical modelling, evaluation and promotion and proven quantitative and technical capabilities, with an innovative and lateral approach to computer programming, algorithmic projects management, trading systems and global automated exposure.
Prior to joining FOREX CLUB, Dema was Risk Analyst and Project Coordinator at Alpari (UK) Ltd. While in this role, he oversaw improved profit margins and overall business performance through devising innovative turnaround strategies and stress models, as well as assisting with trading policy development. He also headed up the UK and US global automated exposure project, driving risk management policies and strategies following the FSA and CFTC regulatory changes.
He was a Square Mile Magazine (UK) '30 under 30' finalist in both 2010 and 2011. Dema is currently studying for a PhD in 'Risk Signalling in Financial Trading Operations' at Kings College London.
About FOREX CLUB Group of Companies
SOURCE: Forex ClubFor further information:
Robert White, Global Head of PR, FOREX CLUB, +382 679 113 204, firstname.lastname@example.org