Six New I/O Modules for NI CompactRIO and NI CompactDAQ Platforms
- National Instruments adds six new modules to the extensive C Series platform, providing new features and connectivity options for NI CompactRIO and NI CompactDAQ devices.
- With over 100 different modules, the C Series platform allows engineers to accurately take almost any measurement, including thermocouple, voltage, current, resistance and strain.
- The new timing and synchronization modules for CompactRIO and NI CompactDAQ systems help engineers and scientists build measurement systems on a larger scale.
AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 14, 2012 /CNW/ - National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced six new C Series modules designed for NI CompactRIO embedded control systems and NI CompactDAQ modular data acquisition systems. By expanding the C Series platform, NI provides engineers and scientists with new and improved options for a wide variety of embedded control, monitoring and data acquisition applications. Channel counts on the individual modules range from three to 32 channels to accommodate a wide range of system requirements, and the majority of C Series modules work in both the NI CompactDAQ and CompactRIO measurement platforms with no modification.
"We rely on National Instruments hardware and software to provide the rugged, distributed control we need for our wind turbine system," said Jonathan C. Berg, mechanical engineer at Sandia National Laboratories. "The site-wide architecture uses NI VeriStand and the NI 9467 GPS module to choreograph all of the data acquisition and control operations."
"This is the largest C Series module release in several years, reflecting our ongoing commitment to expanding the NI LabVIEW RIO architecture," said Jamie Smith, director of industrial embedded marketing at National Instruments. "At NI, we constantly innovate and build upon our systems to help engineers simplify development."
New C Series Module List
- NI 9467 GPS synchronization module – Accurately synchronize a large-scale CompactRIO system with features such as data timestamping and system clock setting.
- NI 9469 chassis synchronization module – Create high-channel-count, distributed systems with custom timing and triggering by linking chassis with a standard Ethernet cable.
- NI 9381 multifunction I/O module – Fit more functionality into a single system with analog input, analog output and digital I/O all in the same module.
- NI 9229 and NI 9239 analog input modules with BNC connectivity – Use the industry-standard BNC connection for applications such as video and RF.
- NI 9220 analog input module with screw terminal or BNC connectivity – Build high-channel-count systems in smaller chassis with 16 channels of simultaneous I/O.
NI CompactRIO Embedded Control and Monitoring System: www.ni.com/compactrio/
NI CompactDAQ Modular Data Acquisition System: www.ni.com/compactdaq/
Pricing and Contact Information
NI C Series Modules
11500 N Mopac Expwy, Austin, Texas 78759-3504
Priced from $349; €329; ¥41,000
Tel: (800) 258-7022, Fax: (512) 683-9300
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
CompactRIO, LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI, NI CompactDAQ, NI VeriStand and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other products and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Julia Betts, (512) 683-8165
SOURCE: National InstrumentsFor further information:
PRN Photo Desk, email@example.com