Free CMA Canada Webinar 'Future Value Drivers: Leveraging your intangible assets'
Lean how to identify, map, measure, manage and report on intangible assets to create value for your company
TORONTO, Nov. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - What are intangible assets? Do you know how to value intangible assets? On Tuesday, November 27, 2012, from 1-2 p.m. EST, Certified Management Accountants of Canada (CMA Canada) is hosting a free webinar on managing intangible assets: http://bit.ly/Ujwz5R. CMA members, professional accountants in management and the broader accounting and business community are invited to participate in this valuable learning opportunity.
The webinar entitled Future Value Drivers: Leveraging your intangible assets is an introduction to intangible accounting and is designed to help accountants and finance professionals master key concepts and best practices for managing intangible assets. Led by Bernard Marr, CEO of U.K.-based Advanced Performance Institute, participants will also learn how to:
- Define intangibles - human, structural and relational capital.
- Follow the five-steps to successful intangible management.
- Map intangibles to corporate strategy with strategy map templates.
- Use tools and methods to measure intangibles.
- Design key performance indicators for intangibles.
- Test and review the strategic impact of intangibles.
- Manage intangible asset risks and report on intangibles.
The webinar will also feature Jean Kimpton, CMA, Controller for the Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning, Government of Prince Edward Island, and Todd Scaletta, FCMA, Vice President of Research and Innovation, CMA Canada.
"Learning how to value a business is about more than knowing the book value of assets. It's about understanding the role of intangible assets in creating organizational value," says Todd Scaletta. "Intangibles are the key success drivers for organizations in today's knowledge economy."
Register today and receive three complimentary publications when you log onto the webinar on November 27th:
- Concept Overview - Future Value Drivers: Leveraging your intangible assets
- Management Accounting Guideline - Future Value Drivers: Leveraging your intangible assets using a five-step process
- Case Studies - Future Value Drivers: Lessons from the field (Google, Sears, PharmaLab, Saatchi & Saatchi, DHL & others)
Image with caption: "Organizational performance expert Bernard Marr offers his five-step approach to successful intangible management. Register for the free CMA Canada webinar 'Future Value Drivers: Leveraging your intangible assets': http://bit.ly/Ujwz5R (CNW Group/Certified Management Accountants of Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121112_C7139_PHOTO_EN_20505.jpg
SOURCE: Certified Management Accountants of CanadaFor further information:
Manager, Communications and Public Affairs
CMA Canada | email@example.com
Tel. (905) 949-3116 | Toll-free: 1-800-262-7622, ext. 3116
For more information about CMA Canada's Research Foundation and to download the latest management accounting research publications, visit: www.managementaccounting.org.
For more information about Certified Management Accountants Canada (CMA Canada), visit: www.cma-canada.org.