Global's Fall 2012 Shows Its Strength in Numbers
Owns Six of the Top 10 Primetime Shows
Elementary Remains the #1 New Series
The Highest Year-Over-Year Growth of any Network
For artwork, please visit: www.shawmediatv.ca
To tweet this release, please copy the following link: http://bit.ly/WcmFtG
TORONTO, Nov. 1, 2012 /CNW/ - With six weeks of confirmed data now in for Fall 2012, Global continues to be on top of its game. Since premiere week, the network has solidified key industry wins by taking six of the Top 10 spots, more than any of its competitors with two new series placing in the Top 20, including Elementary, this season's #1 NEW series. Additionally, Global had the highest year-over-year audience growth of any network season-to-date.
"It has been an incredible fall launch for Global and as the season progresses, we have only seen this momentum continue to grow," said Barb Williams, SVP, Content, Shaw Media. "With more shows in the Top 10 and Top 20, the numbers speak for themselves. It's clear that our primetime line-up has made its mark on the competitive landscape and with our viewers."
TOP 10 RANKER (Adults 18-49, National)
|1||Big Bang Theory||CTV||1986.7|
|3||Two and a Half Men||CTV||1343.9|
|7||NCIS: Los Angeles||Global||1003.9|
FALL 2012 KEY DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data A18-49, National Unless Stated Otherwise):
- Global dominates the Top 10 with double the primetime hours versus its closest competitor
- Global has increased its presence in the Top 10 and/or Top 20 nationally and in all the key markets
- Global also takes six of the Top 10 for Adults 24-54, five of the Top 10 for Women 25-54 and five of the Top 10 spots for 2+ (National)
- 143% audience growth over last year for Global's Thursday primetime average
- 25% audience growth over last year for Global's Saturday primetime average
- Significant year-over-year growth stories include reality fan favourite, Survivor, now in its 25th edition continuing to grow in popularity, increasing its viewership by 13%, and NCIS and NCIS: LA, also garnering double digit growth with 36% and 31%, respectively
Plus, fan favourites Bones and Glee return with all-new episodes following a four-week hiatus:
Monday, November 5 at 8pm ET/PT - "The Method in the Madness"
The team investigates a murder involving a popular local entrepreneur. Meanwhile, Booth begins to regret his decision about inviting Sweets to stay with him and Brennan until he finds his own place.
Thursday, November 8 at 9pm ET/PT - "The Role You Were Born To Play"
The school production of Grease is underway and Marley, Jake, Kitty and football player Ryder compete to play "Danny" and "Sandy." Meanwhile, former glee clubbers Mercedes and Mike return to cast the play, and Mr. Schuester struggles with a difficult decision.
Source: BBM Canada PPM Confirmed Data - Fall12 S-T-D Rankers September 10 - October 21, 2012, Fall '11 Year over year comparison September 12 - October 23, 2011 based on 3+ airings
SOURCE: Global TelevisionFor further information: