Toyota Canada Inc. year-to-date sales up 23.4%
- New generation of Camry celebrates first anniversary and remains #1 in intermediate segment for the year
- TCI sales as of October surpass total 2011 sales
- October another record-setting month for Toyota and Lexus hybrids
- Best October ever for Lexus sales
TORONTO, Nov. 1, 2012 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. sold 17,101 vehicles in October, up 14.2%, bringing the year-to-date total to 165,342, an increase of 23.4% versus October 2011.
It was another exceptional month for hybrid sales, with several October records established, including both most Toyota (1,136) and most Lexus (344) hybrids sold. Hybrids represented 8.7% of total TCI sales. To date this year, 14,949 hybrids have been sold, surpassing with two months remaining the previous full-year record of 13,546 set in 2008.
In addition, Lexus set an all-time October best of 1,520 vehicles sold, a year-over-year increase of 23.7%, with total year-to-date sales reaching 12,650, up 13.9% over the same period in 2011. Meanwhile, Scion reached 520 vehicles sold year-to-date, an increase of 46.5% versus 2011, as the brand remains on track to make 2012 its best year ever.
Toyota sales highlights for October 2012 (vs. October 2011)
- Toyota sales: 15,061 (up 12.4%)
- Yaris Hatch sales: 941 (up 260.5%)
- Camry sales: 1,189 (up 56.9%)
- Toyota passenger car sales: 7,832 (up 14.1%)
- Toyota truck sales: 7,229 (up 10.7%) :: 6th straight month of record sales
- Highlander sales: 664 (up 93.6%)
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 2,512 (up 29.8%):: year-to-date of 22,438 sold (up 29.5%)
- Tacoma 4x4 sales: 1,045 (up 29.5%):: year-to-date of 7,861 (up 35.2%)
- 4Runner sales: 255 (up 24.4%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 1,136 (up 186.9%) :: New October record :: New year-to-date sales at 12,543 (versus 12,014 in 2008) :: Hybrids represented 7.5% of Toyota sales
- Prius family sales: 773 (up 288.4%) :: 8,677 is best ever year-to-date total
- Prius c sales: accounted for 8.6% of overall Toyota subcompact sales in October
- Prius v sales: 3,523 sold year-to-date
- Intermediate hybrid sales: 900 (up 167.1%) :: Hybrid models accounted for 43.1% of Toyota's October sales in the intermediate car segment
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 117 (up 98.3%) :: 867 sold year to date (up 35.3%)
Camry Hybrid sales: 246 (up 78.3%) :: 2,999 sold year-to-date
"October was an excellent month, with strong momentum continuing for sales of trucks and hybrids," said Tony Wearing, Senior Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc. "The Camry is #1 in its segment for the year. With fresh styling, modern amenities, generous standard features, an exceptionally smooth ride and amazing fuel efficiency, the Camry's proof is appreciated by an increasing an increasing number of Canadians."
Lexus sales highlights for October 2012 (vs. October 2011)
- Lexus luxury sales: 774 (up 67.9%) :: New October record
- GS 350 sales: 57 (up 338.5%)
- ES 350 sales: 259 (up 82.4%)
- CT sales: 178 (up 72.8%) :: New sales record established at 1,407, eclipsing 2011 full-year total of 1,350
- Lexus hybrid sales: 344 (up 109.8%) :: New October record :: Hybrid models accounted for 22.6% of Lexus sales in October
- Lexus luxury SUV sales: 746
- LX sales: 21 (up 162.5%)
- RX 450h sales: 71 (up 57.8%)
"We're very pleased with this best-ever October, and particularly with the ES and CT helping drive sales," said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Lexus in Canada. "Both models deliver the elegance, comfort and performance that make the Lexus brand synonymous with progressive luxury."
Scion sales highlights for October 2012 (vs. October 2011)
- Scion sales: 520 (up 46.5%) :: New October record :: 4,907 sold year-to-date eclipses 2011 full-year total of 4,720
- iQ sales: 121 :: year to date 889
- FR-S sales: 125 :: year to date 1,177
"With another record month, the Scion brand continues to generate positive growth," said Larry Hutchinson, Senior Executive Director. "From the fun, high-style embodied in the FR-S to the ingenious engineering in the iQ, we're excited about how youthful Canadians are increasingly turning to Scion."
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI's head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
SOURCE: Toyota Canada Inc.For further information:
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.