High-profile speakers, health care leaders and educators gather for HealthAchieve 2012, one of North America's largest health care conferences
From Canadian icon Jann Arden to thought leaders such as best-selling authors Jim Collins and Dr. Peter Jensen, HealthAchieve offers more than 50 educational sessions and attracts 300 exhibitors and 6500 delegates
TORONTO, Oct. 30, 2012 /CNW/ - As one of the largest and most prestigious health care gatherings in North America, HealthAchieve 2012 happening November 5-7 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, has been bringing together the brightest minds in health care for 88 years. With the goal of inspiring ideas and innovation, the gathering offers health care professionals unparalleled networking opportunities and a tradeshow floor featuring organizations offering leading health care innovations.
"The daily work environment of health professionals is a demanding one," said Warren DiClemente, Chief Operating Officer and Vice President, Educational Services, Ontario Hospital Association. "Our show offers an opportunity to step outside our routine, reflect on our current realities and learn about new practices and approaches that we can bring back to inspire our workplaces."
With sessions covering topics such as citizen engagement, ehealth, governance, green health care, human resources, leadership, mental health, and quality and safe health care, show attendees will hear from:
- Don Berwick, former administrator of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and former president and CEO of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, will present a vision of how to deliver safe, high-quality care through IT, innovation and effective policy. (Monday, November 5th; 10-11:30 AM, room 105, 106, 107, Constitution Hall)
- Cathy Trower, Harvard Researcher and the author of The Practitioner's Guide to Governance as Leadership: Building High-Performing Nonprofit Boards, will speak on generative governance. (Monday, November 5th; 3:30- 5:00 PM, room 106) During this session, the Ontario Hospital Association (OHA) will unveil the new brand for its Governance Centre of Excellence (GCE). The GCE is committed to providing directors of health care boards with the education and resources needed for them to govern effectively.
- Dr. Peter Jensen of Performance Coaching and author of Igniting the Third Factor will discuss how to coach for high performance by engaging your employees and building commitment to achieve results. (Tuesday, November 6th; 8:45-9:50 AM, room 104 ABC)
- Jim Collins, author of Good to Great and co-author of Great by Choice and Built to Last, will cover the topic 'GREAT BY CHOICE: uncertainty, chaos and luck - why some thrive despite them all.' (Tuesday, November 6th; 10-11:30 AM, room 105, 106, 107, Constitution Hall)
Humanitarian advocate and past president of Doctors Without Borders, James Orbinski, will identify key challenges and the leadership skills needed to
advance global health in the next decade. (Tuesday, November 6th; 12:00-1:30 PM, room 206 BDF, Dr. Orbinski will take the stage at
The award winning exhibit floor, where almost 300 exhibitors will showcase the latest health care products, services and technologies, will feature:
- GE Healthcare Adventure Series (booth 1416) - Anchor's Aweigh! An experience designed to ease pediatric patients through scanning procedures, GE Healthcare has created themed imaging rooms such as the CT Pirate Island Adventure. gehealthcare.com/promo/advseries/index.html
- Zeidler Partnership Architects (booth 927) - A leading Canadian architectural firm that was recently awarded the International Future Health Design Award at the Design & Health World Congress & Exhibition in Malaysia. zeidler.com
- MiHealth (booth 521) - Launched a new, extremely secure, messaging and PHR solution that allows patients and physicians to easily connect anytime, anywhere. Patients can access their health information 24/7 via the Internet or a smart phone and physicians will have access to, and can update, the patient's health information. mihealth.com
Also, HealthAchieve is partnering with the Trillium Gift of Life Network to increase organ donor registration. A first for a national conference, delegates are invited to participate in an online organ and tissue donor registration drive during the show to help reach the goal of 800 visits. For more information about organ and tissue donation and transplantation, visit www.giftoflife.on.ca. To register, visit www.BeADonor.ca/healthachieve.
One of the largest and most prestigious health care gatherings in North America, HealthAchieve aims to inspire ideas and innovation with over 50 informative and engaging educational sessions along with an award-winning exhibit floor, where close to 300 exhibitors will showcase the latest health care products, services and technologies. HealthAchieve attracts more than 6500 health care and business leaders from around the world for learning, networking, benchmarking and sharing best practices. Learn more about HealthAchieve online at www.HealthAchieve.com.
SOURCE: HEALTHACHIEVEFor further information:
Media are advised to register in advance: