New interactive Textbooks for iPad and Classroom Assessment Software premiere at Ontario Learning Technologies Conference
TORONTO, Oct. 26, 2012 /CNW/ - Pearson Canada is helping students power up to learn with new iBooks textbooks. Three of Pearson's bestselling textbooks, re-imagined for the iPad and brought to life with engaging video, audio, assessment, interactive images and 3D animations, are now available in Canada. Education Technology Leaders will have an opportunity to preview the new Pearson Biology, Chemistry, and Environmental Science interactive textbooks at the Educational Computing Organization of Ontario (ECOO) annual conference.
Pearson Canada's complete mobile strategy for students and teachers also includes a new assessment tool designed for Ontario's full-day Kindergarten program. CLiC—Capturing Learning in the Classroom—is a web tool that records and tracks teacher observations of student learning. CLiC is also mobile, allowing teachers a fast, accessible, and convenient way to capture and organize their observations of children at play. Teachers can connect their observations to learning stories and provincial curriculum expectations, and generate reports that support planning and communication with parents. Pearson will officially launch CLiC at the ECOO conference in Richmond Hill on Friday, October 26.
Dr. Tania Sterling, Pearson's Digital Learning Research and Communications Manager, said, "Today's learners interact with a wide range of rich media outside of school. We are delighted to meet students' needs and stimulate their curiosity with Pearson's next generation of interactive resources. Pearson is engaging students with the tools of their time, making learning more relevant and connected to their wider world."
Pearson is a pioneer in using digital and mobile technologies to transform learning. Throughout Canada, students and teachers use Pearson's learning technologies:
- eText Platform, where students access their digital textbooks online, anytime, anywhere and are able to highlight, take notes and personalize their eText.
- CLE, Pearson's Canadian Learning Exchange, which connects teachers to thousands of learning objects, videos, animations, and photos to help them customize their lessons and teach their own way.
- Cogneeto, an online peer and self-assessment tool that improves achievement.
- Equella, a powerful digital repository where school systems can share their most valuable learning content and assets.
- PowerSchool, provides powerful tools for teachers to monitor their classrooms, record student progress, and communicate with parents.
- MyLabs, which provide online adaptive learning for secondary school and university students.
Purchase and download any of Pearson's new iBooks textbooks from the iBookstore on iPad or at www.itunes.ca/iBookstore/.
SOURCE: Pearson EducationFor further information:
Pearson Canada: Anne-Marie Scullion +1 416-386-3465