Media advisory - Obsolete pesticide collection campaign coming to Nova Scotia
ETOBICOKE, Oct. 23, 2012 /CNW/ - Farmers in Nova Scotia are being invited to turn in their obsolete or unwanted agricultural pesticides between Nov. 5 and Nov. 16.
Photographers and reporters are welcome to visit the drop off locations:
- Amherst - Amherst Co-op (17 Lawrence St)
- Antigonish - Antigonish Farm & Garden Co-op (91 Saint Andrews St)
- Bridgewater - Bridgewater Farmers Co-op (123 Elm St)
- Coldbrook - Scotian Gold Co-op (7027 Hwy 1)
- Collingwood Corner - Bragg Lumber Co. (99 Bragg Rd)
- Halifax - Halifax Seed Co. Ltd. (5860 Kane St)
- Kentville - Cavendish Agri Services Ltd. (1205 Hwy 359)
- Milford Station - Corridor Co-op (2289 Hwy 2)
- Sydney - United Farmers Co-op (502 Keltic Drive)
- Truro - Cavendish Agri Services Ltd. (38 Wade Rd)
- Truro - Truro Agromart Ltd. (547 Onslow Rd)
- Wilmont - Cavendish Agri Services Ltd. (14062 Hwy 1)
This program is operated by CleanFARMS, an industry-led national not-for-profit agricultural waste management organization. It is the plant science industry's commitment to safely and responsibly collect obsolete pesticides at no cost to farmers.
Since 1998, Nova Scotia producers have returned more than 30,772 kilograms of obsolete pesticides for safe disposal.
SOURCE: CleanFARMS(R)For further information: