Media advisory - Obsolete pesticide collection campaign coming to New Brunswick
ETOBICOKE, ON, Oct. 10, 2012 /CNW/ - Farmers in New Brunswick are being invited to turn in their obsolete or unwanted agricultural pesticides between Oct. 22 and Nov. 2.
Photographers and reporters are welcome to visit the drop off locations:
- Clair - Sylvite Agri-Services Ltd. (495 Main St)
- Drummond - New Denmark Trucking Ltd. (194 Drummond Station Rd)
- Florenceville - McCain Produce Inc. (8734 Main St.)
- Fredericton - Co-op Home & Farm Supplies (317 St. Marys St)
- Gagetown - Applemanfarms Ltd. (16 Fox Rd)
- Grand Falls - Grand Falls Agromart Ltd. (38 Després Rd)
- Hartland - Hartland Agromart Ltd. (40 Industrial Dr)
- Moncton - Co-op Atlantic Farm Supply (33 Henri Dunant St)
- Moncton - South Eastern Farmers Co-op (200 Collishaw St)
- Saint John - Halifax Seed Co. Ltd. (664 Rothesay Ave)
- Salisbury - Cavendish Agri Services Ltd. (3030 Fredericton Rd)
- Sussex - Sussex Co-op (25 Union St)
This program is operated by CleanFARMS, an industry-led national not-for-profit agricultural waste management organization. It's the plant science industry's commitment to safely and responsibly collect obsolete pesticides at no cost to farmers.
Since 1998, New Brunswick producers have returned more than 17,490 kilograms of obsolete pesticides for safe disposal.
SOURCE: CleanFARMS(R)For further information:
visit www.cleanfarms.ca or contact: