Media advisory - Obsolete pesticide collection campaign coming to Saskatchewan
ETOBICOKE, ON, Oct. 2, 2012 /CNW/ - Farmers in northern and central Saskatchewan are being invited to turn in their obsolete or unwanted agricultural pesticides over a three-day period from Oct.16 to 18.
Photographers and reporters are welcome to visit the drop off locations:
- Biggar, Rack Petroleum Ltd.
- Canora, Viterra
- Gull Lake, South West Terminal Ltd.
- Humboldt, Viterra
- Kelvington, Viterra
- Leader, G-Mac's AgTeam Inc.
- Lloydminster, Viterra
- Meadow Lake, Cavalier Agro Ltd.
- Melfort, Viterra
- Moose Jaw, Prairie Plains Agro Ltd.
- Naicam, Naicam Co-op - Agronomy Centre
- Nipawin, Pineland Co-op - Nipawin Agro
- North Battleford, Viterra
- Plenty, G-Mac's AgTeam Inc.
- Prince Albert, Prince Albert Co-op - Agro Centre
- Rosthern, Wentland Ag Services Ltd.
- Saskatoon, Richardson Pioneer
- Spiritwood, Crop Production Services (CPS) Inc.
- Tullis, Gardiner Dam Terminal Ltd.
- Watrous, Viterra
- Wynyard, Wynyard Co-op - Farm & Ranch
- Yorkton, Viterra
This program is operated by CleanFARMS, an industry-led national not-for-profit agricultural waste management organization. It's the plant science industry's commitment to safely and responsibly collect obsolete pesticides at no cost to farmers.
Since 1998, Saskatchewan producers have returned more than 316,000 kilograms of obsolete pesticides.
SOURCE: CleanFARMS(R)For further information:
visit www.cleanfarms.ca or contact: