LG's First Quad-Core Smartphone Coming to Canada This October
LG Optimus 4X HD with Advanced User Experience (UX) Offers Fast Performance, Superb IPS Display and High Capacity Battery
TORONTO, Sept. 27, 2012 /CNW/ - LG Electronics (LG) Canada announced today that the Optimus 4X HD will debut in Canada in October and will be available through WIND Mobile and Videotron.
Beyond the fast NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, LG's latest Android 4.0 device boasts a higher density battery for more power and longer run times and a superb high resolution viewing experience with its 4.7-inch True HD IPS display. Since its debut at Mobile World Congress, the Optimus 4X HD has been upgraded with new SiO+ battery technology, Quick Memo to enhance productivity, and Media Plex for an advanced multimedia experience.
"The Optimus 4X HD offers incredible speed and performance without compromising battery life," said Geoff McMurdo, Vice President Mobile Communications, LG Electronics Canada. "Users want intuitive software and beautiful hardware and the Optimus 4X HD is another proof point that LG is a strong player in both areas."
The Optimus 4X HD is fitted with NVIDIA's 4-PLUS-1 Quad-Core mobile processor, the Tegra® 3, which utilizes a fifth core for the best blend of outstanding performance and power efficiency. For maximum performance, Tegra® 3 runs on all four cores, but when in standby mode the processor defaults to the fifth, battery-saver core. In a future upgrade, LG will introduce Eco-Mode specifically for the Optimus 4X HD which will allow users to manually shut down any of the Tegra 3's cores for even more control over power consumption and performance.
Enhanced User Experience
- QuickMemo - allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo with their finger directly on any captured screen for instant sharing as an attachment or URL
- Media Plex - a collection of software features that take image and video playback on the smartphone to a level that until now was only possible on a PC or laptop. Some innovative features include:
- Fingertip Seek that shows a preview of any video frame simply by touching the progress bar;
- Live Zooming allowing viewers to zoom in and out by pinching during video playback;
- Video Speed Control for precise control of the playback speed of videos; Thumbnail List Play which enables users to view thumbnails of videos playing while watching another video full screen.
- Time Catch Shot - captures images just before camera shutter button is depressed on the 8.0 MPBSI (backside illumination) camera - ensuring you get the best shot every time
About LG Electronics Canada
The LG brand was established in 1995. The company is a global leader in electronics, information and communications products, with more than 117 operations around the world, and annual worldwide revenues of more than US $49 billion. LG Canada is comprised of five business units - Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Home Entertainment, Business Solutions and Commercial Air Conditioning. The company has offices in Toronto and Vancouver. LG Canada is focused on delivering award-winning products known for blending style and technology. These innovative products include cell phones, flat screen TVs, laptop computers and home appliances. For more information please visit www.LG.com.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances. With 117 operations around the world, LG achieved global sales of USD 49 billion (KRW 54.26 trillion) in 2011. LG is comprised of four business units - Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solution - and is one of the world's leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com.
SOURCE: LG Electronics Canada, Inc.For further information: