Media/Photo Advisory - Get "Pumped" for a Toronto Tradition
GTA men step up for women by swapping their sneakers for stilettos
TORONTO, Sept. 25, 2012 /CNW/ - This Thursday, groups of men in high heel shoes will take over the city's downtown core to raise awareness and funds for the White Ribbon Campaign (WRC). From noon to 2 p.m. on September 27th at Yonge-Dundas Square, men will participate in the fourth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®; an event when men literally walk one mile in women's shoes to raise awareness about ending violence against women.
Capture great visuals, including candid shots of Toronto men as they strut their stuff through the city's downtown core in high-heeled pumps. Get there early and you may catch the warm up session too. (Let's just say it's not easy to squat in heels!).
Other notables include:
- Steve Anthony, Host of CP24 Breakfast, will emcee the event.
- Chuck Winters, Toronto Argonauts Football Club Alumnus, will speak and be available for photographs.
|When:||Thursday, September 27, 2012|
|Time:||12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.|
Order of events, starting at 12:00 p.m.:
- 12:00: Steve Anthony takes the stage to emcee
- 12:10: Speak with participants and/or Todd Minerson, Executive Director of the White Ribbon Campaign
- 12:25: Toronto Argonauts Football Club Alumnus Chuck Winters to address the crowd
- 12:30: Todd Minerson speaks
- 12:30: GoodLife Fitness shows men how to warm up for the walk
- 12:40: Participants line up at starting line
- 12:45: Walk officially starts and travels south on Yonge, west on King, North on Bay and east on Queen,North on Yonge and back to Yonge-Dundas Square
Please note: Todd Minerson is available for interviews throughout the event.
About The White Ribbon Campaign
The White Ribbon Campaign is the largest effort in the world of men working to end violence against women. In over sixty countries, campaigns are led by both men and women, with the focus on educating men and boys of the issue and to raise awareness toward ending violence against women. Wearing a white ribbon is a personal pledge to never commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women and girls. Wearing a white ribbon is a way of saying, "Our future has no violence against women."
SOURCE: White Ribbon CampaignFor further information:
or to schedule an on-site interview, please contact:
Sheba Zaidi / Ana Veiga / Christine Testa
416-969-2652 / 416-969-2755 / 416-969-2796
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org