News Advisory - Event - Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI) - releases report on Economic Impact of Defence and Security Industry in Canada
OTTAWA, Sept. 21, 2012 /CNW/ -
CONTACT: Christel Gallant 613-235-5337 ex 29, CADSI Marketing Communication Manager
HEADLINE: "Leveraging Defence Procurement to Advantage Canada"
WHAT: Release of the CADSI commissioned KPMG report on the Economic Impact of the Defence and Security Industry in Canada.
WHERE: Economic Club of Canada - The Westin Ottawa, 11 Colonel By Drive • Ottawa, ON • Canada Phone: (613) 560 7000 • Fax: (613) 234-5396 - Governor General Room 3 (TBC)
WHEN: September 27th, 2012 - 11:45am to 1:30pm
** Media is invited to an embargoed pre briefing of the report at 10:30 am - Room Newfoundland/Nova Scotia 4th level at The Westin Ottawa **
WHO: The following will be present:
- Mike Greenley (CADSI, Chair),
- Tim Page (CADSI, President),
- Janet Thorsteinson (CADSI, Vice President, Government Relations)
CADSI commissioned KPMG to conduct a study of the economic impact of the defence and security sector in Canada. KPMG surveyed CADSI members and worked with the Statistics Canada input-output model, used by the federal government, to arrive at its findings below.
For every $1B of defence & security spend with Canadian firms:
- $710M of GDP is created
- $12.6B Annual Revenue Of Canada Defence &Security Firms
- $1B of additional export revenue is created.
- 18,000 jobs are created or sustained in Canada
- $428M of tax revenue is returned into Canada
- Export and innovation are key to the sector's competitiveness and, in a global managed market, Government support is essential to achieve our target of export revenue growth from 50% to 75% of a growing total industry revenue over 5 years.
CADSI is the voice of Canada's defence and security industries.
Our business association represents over 900 member companies who are essential contributors to Canada's national defence and security and whose 109, 000 employees generate over 12.6 billion dollars to the Canadian economy every year.
SOURCE: Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI)For further information:
and or an interview request contact:
Christel Gallant 613-235-5337 ext 29, or for more information on CADSI visit: https://www.defenceandsecurity.ca/