Global Completely Dominates Wednesday All Night Long
#Survivor: Philippines Debuts with 2.9 Million Viewers
#BigBrother Season 14 Finale Brings in 1.8 Million Viewers
To tweet this release, please copy the following link: http://bit.ly/Of8qkK
For artwork, please visit: www.shawmediatv.ca
TORONTO, Sept. 20, 2012 /CNW/ - Global's one-two primetime punch with the #Survivor: Philippines premiere and #BigBrother finale, clocked the competition to be the undisputed champion last night.
2.9 million loyal Survivor fans returned followed by an impressive 1.8 million viewers tuning in for the exciting conclusion of Big Brother (2+ Nat). All night long, Global dominated Wednesday primetime nationally and in the four metered markets, across all key demos.
Overall, Global's primetime average audience was 62% greater (A18-49 Nat) than CTV, its closest competitor of the night.
SURVIVOR: PHILIPPINES (8pm-9:30pm) SEPTEMBER 19TH DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data Adults 18-49 Nat Unless Stated Otherwise):
- 1.5 million viewers in the key demo
- 19% increase vs. Fall '11 Premiere
- 5.4 million viewers tuned in to Survivor at some point over the 90-minute broadcast (2+ Nat)
- Survivor continues successful trend from last season beating CTV's The X Factor with 89% more viewers
BIG BROTHER SEASON 14 (9:30pm-11pm) SEPTEMBER 19TH DATA HIGHLIGHTS (All data Adults 18-49 Nat Unless Stated Otherwise):
- 1.0 million viewers in the key demo
- Ranked #2 show for the night for both 2+ and A18-49 National behind Survivor
- 4.1 million viewers tuned in to the finale at some point over the 90-minute broadcast (2+ Nat)
Viewers who missed last night's Survivor: Philippines and Big Brother can catch up on GlobalTV.com.
Fans can tune into an all-new Survivor episode next Wednesday, September 25 at 8pm ET/PT to see who gets voted out of tribal council.
Source: BBM Canada PPM confirmed and overnight AMA (000) Data - Sept 14, 2011 - Sept 19, 2012
SOURCE: Global TelevisionFor further information: