CTV's ANGER MANAGEMENT Is Canada's #1 New Series Premiere with 1.72 Million Viewers
- Strong ANGER MANAGEMENT lead in powers THE NEW NORMAL to timeslot win; series is up 24% with A25-54 vs last week -
- CTV delivers the Top 2 programs in primetime Tuesday night -
- CTV's THE VOICE grows 18% with total viewers versus last week and wins timeslot -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/Uq0xIA
TORONTO, Sept. 19, 2012 /CNW/ - Charlie Sheen's ANGER MANAGEMENT roared out of the gate to become Canada's #1 new series premiere with 1.72 million viewers last night, winning it's 9 p.m. timeslot with all demos. In Toronto and Vancouver especially, ANGER MANAGEMENT is a raging success, drawing strong ratings among A25-54 (6.8/5.2), A18-49 (6.5/5.4) and A18-34 (7.9/5.8) respectively. Meanwhile, the second half of CTV's new Tuesday night comedy block, THE NEW NORMAL, won its 9:30 p.m. timeslot with 942,000 viewers and was up 7% with total viewers and +24% with A25-54 versus last week.
With 1.78 million viewers, CTV's THE VOICE was the #1 program of the night with total viewers and A25-54, A18-34, and A18-49 demos, as well as in the key Toronto market with A18-34, and A18-49 demos. An impressive growth story this week, last night's blind audition episode was up 18% with total viewers, +18% with A25-54, +21% with A18-49 and 18% with A18-34, versus last week.
THE VOICE and ANGER MANAGEMENT were the Top 2 programs in core primetime in total viewers and all key demos in the key Toronto, Vancouver, and Edmonton markets.
**Media Note** Photography for THE NEW NORMAL, THE VOICE and ANGER MANAGEMENT available online at BellMediaPR.ca.
A closer look at Tuesday night Primetime:
- The fifth blind audition episode of THE VOICE (1.78 million, CTV/NBC) won the night in total viewers and all key demos. Head-to-head, THE VOICE more than tripled the audience of NCIS:LA (Global/CBS; 558,000).
- CTV's new 9 p.m. Tuesday night comedy block more than doubled Global's comedy lineup, building on last week's lead by 85%.
- Head-to-head, the series premiere of CTV's ANGER MANAGEMENT (1.72 million, CTV) delivered 130% more viewers than GO ON (747,000; Global/NBC).
- At 9:30 p.m., CTV's new comedy series THE NEW NORMAL (942,000; CTV/NBC) won the timeslot, delivering more than double the viewers than GUYS WITH KIDS (443,000; Global) and winning in all key demos.
- THE NEW NORMAL was up 7% with total viewers and +24% with A25-54 versus last week.
- CTV also won the 10 p.m. timeslot with an encore presentation of CRIMINAL MINDS (1.02 million; CTV) delivering 72% more viewers than a new PARENTHOOD (592,000; Global/NBC).
Following its television broadcast, viewers can catch up on full episodes of ANGER MANAGEMENT, THE NEW NORMAL, and THE VOICE across CTV's digital platforms on CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel, and through video on demand partners.
CTV is Canada's largest private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV is Canada's most-watched television network. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at ctv.ca.
Source: BBM Canada (BY: 2012/2013, August 27 - September 18, 2012)
SOURCE: CTVFor further information: