Media Advisory/Photo Opportunity - Free The Children's Marc Kielburger to educate small- and medium-sized businesses on the benefits of corporate social responsibility
TELUS to give $5.5 million to Greater Toronto Area-based charities and community organizations in 2012
TORONTO, Sept. 17, 2012 /CNW/ - On Thursday September 20, as part of TELUS' Celebration of Giving breakfast event, TELUS and special guests - Marc Kielburger, co-founder and co-CEO, Me to We and Free The Children and Tal Dehtiar, President and Founder, Oliberté Footwear will educate small-and medium-businesses on how investing in their community and becoming socially responsible helps to strengthen business success, while at the same time helps improve conditions in communities.
You're invited to:
- Hear Marc Kielburger, co-founder and co-CEO of Me to We and Free The Children, discuss his incredible life story and how SMBs can support positive change
- Learn from Tal Dehtiar, President and founder of Oliberté Footwear on how a simple thought of helping those in need, led to a successful and world renowned business
- Listen to an in-depth discussion of tangible results and returns for having a social responsibility strategy between TELUS' Jim Senko, vice-president of SMB Marketing, Hugh Johnson, vice-president of SMB Ontario, and Frances Lankin, former CEO of United Way for Toronto and Chair of TELUS Toronto Community Board
- Connect with key community partners such as: Canadian Youth Business Foundation, Me to We - Free The Children, Prostate Cancer Canada and United Way Toronto
- Be part of a $5.5 million cheque presentation on behalf of the TELUS Toronto Community Board
Note to editors:
Your reporters and photographers are invited to attend.
Breakfast will be provided.
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Registration 8:30 a.m. Event begins at 9:00 a.m. Sharp
TELUS House Toronto
25 York St. 3rd Floor
|What:||TELUS Greater Toronto Area Celebration of Giving|
- Special guest speakers: Marc Kielburger and Tal Dehtiar
- TELUS Toronto Community Board presents $5.5 million cheque
- Youth from Regent Park School of Music performing on steel pan drums
- CYBF cheque presentation
SOURCE: TELUS CorporationFor further information:
TELUS Media Relations