CTV Wins Tuesday
- CTV wins each hour of primetime Tuesday night as THE VOICE lands #1
with 1.5 million viewers -
- ANGER MANAGEMENT wins timeslot with 1.1 million viewers before next week's series premiere -
- CTV's THE NEW NORMAL wins timeslot in total viewers and key demos -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/RSDbLe
TORONTO, Sept. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - CTV sang to victory last night as THE VOICE powered the network's new Tuesday primetime lineup to #1. With 1.5 million viewers, THE VOICE was the #1 program of the night with total viewers, A25-54, and A18-49, as well as in the key Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver markets. Overall, CTV delivered the Top 3 programs in primetime among the key adult demos, with an encore episode of ANGER MANAGEMENT at #2 and the second episode of THE NEW NORMAL at #3. In the Toronto market alone, all three shows drew strong ratings among the A18-34 demo: THE VOICE (6.3), THE NEW NORMAL (7.2), and ANGER MANAGEMENT (5.4). CTV won core primetime with double/triple-digit percentage leads over the next closest network, while among the key adult demos, CTV's core primetime average was more than the other three conventional networks combined.
**Media Note** Photography for THE NEW NORMAL, THE VOICE and ANGER MANAGEMENT available online at BellMediaPR.ca.
A closer look at Tuesday night Primetime:
- ETALK's #1 streak continued with 613,000 viewers tuning into TIFF coverage, giving ETALK an 76% advantage over ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT CANADA (348,000) and 27% advantage over ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT (483,000).
- The second blind auditions episode of THE VOICE (1.5 million, CTV/NBC) won the night in total viewers and all key demos. Head-to-head, THE VOICE nearly tripled the audience of NCIS: LA (Global; 529,000).
- CTV's new 9 p.m. Tuesday night comedy block outperformed Global's comedy lineup.
- Head-to-head, an encore presentation of CTV's ANGER MANAGEMENT (1.1 million, CTV) delivered 41% more viewers than the series premiere of GO ON (784,000; Global/NBC). ANGER MANAGEMENT was also the #1 program nationally with Males 18-34.
- At 9:30 p.m., the second episode of CTV's new comedy series THE NEW NORMAL (CTV/NBC) won the timeslot in all demos with 882,000 viewers, delivering 35% more viewers than the series premiere of GUYS WITH KIDS (654,000; Global). The series had double-digit percentage increases from its Monday broadcast in Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto in the key A18-34 demo.
- CTV also won the 10 p.m. timeslot with an encore presentation of CRIMINAL MINDS (1 million; CTV) delivering 37% more viewers than the Season 4 premiere of PARENTHOOD (739,000; Global/NBC).
Online, THE VOICE and #TheVoice garnered nearly 2,500 mentions in Canada between the series premiere on Sept. 10 and the first blind auditions last night. Social buzz for THE NEW NORMAL grew 59% from the series premiere (Sept. 10) to Episode 2 (Sept. 11).*
Following its television broadcast, viewers can catch up on full episodes of THE NEW NORMAL, THE VOICE, and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE across CTV's digital platforms on CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel and through video on demand partners.
CTV, Canada's Olympic Network, is also Canada's largest private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV is Canada's most-watched television network and lead broadcaster of the London 2012 Olympic Games. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at ctv.ca
Source: BBM Canada
SOURCE: CTVFor further information: