TD Canada Trust opens new branch in the heart of Kitsilano
New convenient location is close to yoga studios, organic markets and cafes
VANCOUVER, Sept. 8, 2012 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust today officially opened its newest branch in Vancouver located in the heart of Kitsilano's shopping district. Located at 1911 West 4th Avenue, this new 5,000-square-foot branch is full service and will serve the growing needs of business owners, residents and students who live and work in this vibrant, West-side community.
"We are proud to serve the growing needs of Kits with our new open-concept branch, conveniently located close to other neighbourhood amenities," said Gloria Cooper, Branch Manager. "Our new design is warm, friendly and welcoming and is built to ensure our customers are comfortable as soon as they enter."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks directly to the customers.
- A customer lounge with a coffee station and magazine rack lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
- A community boardroom designed for use by businesses and not-for-profit groups. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities and a printer.
- A community wall shares a pictorial story about the area. The current display features projects funded by the local chapter of the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation and includes space for community groups to post flyers about upcoming events.
- Digital displays mounted throughout the branch provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
- Bicycle parking spots so customers have plenty of spaces to park a bike or scooter.
In addition to the grand-opening festivities and ribbon-cutting ceremony, TD Friends of the Environment Foundation made a $5,000 donation to the Society Promoting Environmental Conservation (SPEC) for its school gardens project as part of TD's commitment to the environment and the community.
TD chose this particular location in Kitsilano because it is a popular neighbourhood and home to many young families and students, as well as small business owners.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours, the Cypress & 4th branch is open 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Wednesday; 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Thursday and Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday and 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features one full-service Green Machine ATM which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
SOURCE: TD Canada TrustFor further information:
To contact the branch:
TD Canada Trust
Manager, Corporate Communications
TD Bank Group