Shopbop Unveils New Site Experience
NEW YORK, Aug. 31, 2012 /CNW/ - Shopbop.com, an originator of fashion e-commerce, introduces the evolution of its site experience. The August 2012 Shopbop.com redesign marks the beginning of an iterative launch of new features that will be unveiled throughout Fall 2012. The redesign is founded in Shopbop's commitment to continually innovate the way Shopbop serves the customer.
Focused on providing what's new and what's next, Shopbop will mark the occasion of the redesign with a unique video as well as a gaming experience, debuting in September before New York Fashion Week. Both the game and video are designed to engage the customer directly with the Shopbop mission of being a launching pad for designers.
Since its inception in 2000, Shopbop has been launching fashion brands, creating an opportunity for them to cultivate a global customer base. Shopbop has focused on interpreting fashion for the customer by showing daily editorial features and presenting new trends and new designers. Offering over 500 brands and fast, free shipping worldwide, Shopbop engages the customer on site and across its social platforms and blogs with what's new, on trend, and essential in fashion. Shopbop has developed a loyal following of women who visit Shopbop.com daily.
About the Redesign:
Shopbop has always been committed to delivering the ultimate shopping experience, across its service, selection, and unique point of view. The site redesign reaffirms this commitment, with features that augment both the shopping and editorial experience. With the new site, users will experience:
- A redesigned home page with six rotating editorial features and new daily editorial content, with the daily fashion message driven by Shopbop's newly minted Fashion Director, Treena Lombardo:
- Currently Coveting – Highlights mini-trend in apparel, accessories, bags, and shoes
- Smart Investment(s) – Showcases standout piece(s) with lasting aesthetic value
- Treena's Top 5/Fashion Director's Favorites – Monthly edit of key items from Fashion Director, Treena Lombardo
- Look We Love Now/Runway To Real Life – Key runway look styled 3 wearable ways
- Workweek Wonder – Key workweek piece styled 3 inspired ways
- Rediscover A Classic – Classic items styled how the coolest girl you know would wear it. Example: trench coat
- A new logo and a more minimal design aesthetic with 60% larger product images to better showcase products.
- A redesigned product detail page experience with an auto play video feature for apparel, allowing the customer to "virtually" touch and feel the merchandise.
- The ability to share items across social platforms from product detail pages, in addition to the existing suite of personalized features enabling the customer to receive alerts when their favorite brands arrive, or when items they love are low on inventory.
- A redesign of social media platforms, including a custom Facebook tab with exclusive content and a re-invigorated Shoptalk blog with expanded content.
- A redesign of the Shopbop.com mobile site and the iPad browsing experience, along with additional editorial content on the mobile site.
Jeff Yurcisin, President of Shopbop, on the redesign:
"Shopbop is at the center of the convergence of editorial and commerce. The site redesign is an output of the belief that we serve as much as an editorial destination as a commerce destination," said Jeff Yurcisin, President of Shopbop.
"The customer today is more sophisticated and educated in fashion. Our objective is to show the product to the customer in the most compelling way. The adjustment in the background and the addition of video allows us to offer her a 'virtual' in store experience on site, while enhancements in our social media and mobile sites create a holistic brand experience across platforms."
About the Social Game and Video:
Shopbop parodies its mission to "launch" fashion to the customer in a humorous video featuring a cast of fashion notables and a rather large catapult. The cast will include designers Rachel Zoe, Thakoon, Rachel Roy, Chris Benz and Stacey Bendet, among other designers from the site, along with cameos from a spectrum of fashion insiders, such as "Man Repeller" Leandra Medine, "Atlantic – Pacific" Blair Eadie, June Ambrose, La La Anthony, Camilla Belle and Hanuk Hanuk who watch in amazement as Shopbop delivers goods to a satisfied customer. Tune in on Shopbop.com, Facebook.com/Shopbop or on September 5, 2012 to see more.
The video will be accompanied by a social game, with a fashion twist. The game will allow one to "launch" designer/stylist/blogger avatars towards targets (stack of Shopbop boxes, pile(s) of heels and handbags, and more) to unlock 3 levels of achievement.
The video and game will be available to watch and play on September 5th, on the Shopbop website, Facebook page, and – for the video – the Shopbop YouTube channel.
Shopbop.com is the premier online shopping destination for what's new and what's next in fashion and style, offering women around the world the best selection from both established and emerging designers.
Working with over 500 international brands, Shopbop.com offers women in 165 countries a selective and nuanced fashion forward assortment of ready to wear and accessories with fast free global shipping.
For more information please contact:
SOURCE: Shopbop.comFor further information:
PRN Photo Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org