The CBC We Want Town Hall
VICTORIA, Aug. 13, 2012 /CNW/ - For the first time this century, British Columbians and all Canadians will have an opportunity to weigh in on the future direction of the CBC when the national public broadcaster's licences are reviewed this fall.
Victoria residents will have a chance to have their say this week when Friends of Canadian Broadcasting convenes The CBC We Want, a town hall meeting on Tuesday, August 14 at the Pacific Fleet Club, CFB Esquimalt from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Moderated by Saltspring Island writer, broadcaster and former host of CBC Radio's Basic Black, Arthur Black, these sessions will include opinion and ideas from experts and viewers and listeners alike. Speakers include:
- Patrick Brown: former CBC and Radio-Canada foreign correspondent
- Lorna Crozier, OC: Poet, Professor of Writing, University of Victoria
- Pat Ferns, OC: President/Chairman, Ferns Productions/Ferns Entertainment
- Randall Garrison: MP for Esquimalt Juan de Fuca
- Dan Gunn: Executive Director, Victoria Advanced Technology Council
- Ian Morrison, Spokesperson for the watchdog group Friends of Canadian Broadcasting
The CBC We Want town hall in Victoria is one of a series of events sponsored by the watchdog group Friends of Canadian Broadcasting. Friends is an independent watchdog for Canadian programming and is not affiliated with any broadcaster or political party.
SOURCE: Friends of Canadian BroadcastingFor further information:
Jim Thompson 613-447-9592